Shirl, how much malic acid and when do you take it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suncatchers, Dec 29, 2002.

1. suncatchers

suncatchers New Member

I have malic acid and magnegieum but don't know exactly how much or when to take it. Help.
  2. teach6

teach6 New Member

Do you have the malic acid and magnesium in a combo form? That's what I take and I believe Shirl takes what I do. I take double strength ProEnergy from this site. I take 3 capsules in the AM and three in the evening. I cannot take it at bedtime because I am also on Neurontin, which cannot be taken at the same time as magnesium is.

Barbara
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

Do you mean you take magnseium or Neurontin with Klonopin? The instructions that come with Neurontin say "Do not take with magnesium or any antacids containing it." I take both Klonopin and Neurontin at bedtime.

Klonopin has helped with my TMJ and sleep and Neurontin has helped with my pain. They are totally different types of medications.

Barbara
    [This Message was Edited on 12/29/2002]
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Barbara is right, we both take Pro Energy (Malic Acid and Magnesium), but I take two before breakfast, two before lunch as I also take ZMA (zinc, magnesium, and B-6) before bed.

All total, I am taking about 500-600 milligrams a day.

The direction are on the bottle. I am taking more than most people do.

You might want to start with a lower dose, then build it up to the recommended dose on the bottle.

I know when I am taking too much, I will get loose bowels, otherwise they stay normal and I have one a day.

Hope it helps you as much as it have helped me. Sorry I am so late answering you, my husband was doing some work on the computer yesterday, and the floor here so I was not on the board untill this evening.

Shalom, Shirl