Shirl, I'm foggy, please explain........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kadywill, Sep 12, 2002.

1. kadywill

kadywill New Member

So, if I weigh 220 pounds, how much water should I drink????
    Thanks!
  2. kadywill

kadywill New Member

So, if I weigh 220 pounds, how much water should I drink????
    Thanks!
  3. Magnolia

Magnolia New Member

One half your weight would be 110. That is the number of ounces to drink each day. This converts to nearly two gallons.

If you plan to drink that much water, you should be aware that you are in danger of depleting your body of its vital electrolytes.

I jumped in here because I knew the answer and not because I'm Shirl. Since I did jump in, I'd like to advise you not to attempt to drink that much water a day. I suggest you try one gallon to see what happens.

When Shirl sees this post, she will have more first-hand experience to give you.

Sincerely,
    Magnolia
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

That sounds like way too much water, unless you live in a very hot area.

Try drinking about a quart a day, then work it up over a few weeks to a gallon, or less.

I drink about 70 ounces a day(I weight 125 lbs), and I had to work that up throughout the day over a period of two weeks. I did not drink any water at all before this. So its not a good idea to flood your body with anything all at one time. It could wash all the minerals out of your system like that.

Jackie said she drinks a gallon a day, but she had been doing this for a longtime as I remember her stating this.

I also take a quarter teaspoon (1/4 of a teaspoon) of sea salt through out the day too. Regular salt will do also.

Did I give you the website for the water? If not, its; www.watercure.com/intro.htm Its a good read, and explains why we need to drink water, as most of us are dehydrated.

Let me know how you feel in a week or so. And please, start slow.

Shalom, Shirl

[This Message was Edited on 09/13/2002]
  5. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I have a problem with edema and am supposed to avoid salt whenever possible. Can I still drink the seasalt? I feel waterlogged already and I'm taking it easy! lol
    Love you guys,
    Kady
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sandy, they changed the site, here it is; www.watercure.com/intro.htm

Kady, I would suggest you check with your doctor about the salt if you have a problem with edema. I do not have that problem hon.

I hope you get help with it all.

Shalom, Shirl