SHIRL IN HURRICANE? UPDATE: Sun. PM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JimB, Aug 27, 2005.

1. JimB

JimB New Member

Shirl lives just outside New Orleans.
    Hurricane due Monday.
    She didn't post anything yesterday.
    Maybe she's at a relative's home+ 5 dogs?).
    THINK WE BETTER PRAY!

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a test. This is the real deal,' New Orleans Mayor C. Ray Nagin said at a news conference. "Board up your homes, make sure you have enough medicine, make sure the car has enough gas. Do all things you normally do for a hurricane but treat this one differently because it is pointed towards New Orleans.'

NEW ORLEANS (Aug. 27) - Coastal residents jammed freeways and gas stations Saturday as they rushed to get out of the way of Hurricane Katrina, a vicious storm that is threatening to gain even more strength and make a direct hit on the New Orleans area.

UPDATE:
    >>Mayor ORDERED EVACUATION OF NEW ORLEANS.
    (sounds like something from the civil war).

Police may commondere people's autos to to help in evacuation.

Shirl lives very near that huge lake that someone mentioned in a post.
    TO CHOCOLAT and OTHERS in the storm's reach... I'm Praying for YOUR safety too. - and PEACE from God.
    Antidote to fear = TRUST and giving Thanks.(His stated Will For Us "in all things").
    Worry(from fear) is our Enemy, so keep practicing God's
    will for you in this Storm. You'll be so glad you did.
    Jim :)

[This Message was Edited on 08/28/2005]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am praying for her and for everyone who is in this storm's path. It's now a Cat. 5 hurricane. Those south of I-10 are being evacuated in many areas along the Gulf Coast.

Love, Mikie
  3. allie42

allie42 Guest

I'm watching CNN and other channels this morning. The millibars are dropping which means the storm is getting terrifyly strong. I just cringe at the thought of this thing hitting land ANYwhere. Except for the southern tip of Florida, where flooding was a major issue as well as some unexpected storm surge, Florida seems to have escaped this time. NO one wants to see a storm like this hit populated land.

Prayers for Shirl and anyone along the northern edge of the Gulf coast.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Shirl, and everyone else who is in the storm's path, needs our prayers right now. Please take the time to pray for them.

Love, Mikie
  5. mjgkennedy

mjgkennedy New Member

Hope Shirl and her animals and everyone else in the path of the hurricane are safe.

Mary
  6. nina2

nina2 New Member

and everyone in the path of that monster. I have been steadily watching the news and I can't believe what I am hearing.

I pray for all and dread hearing of the damages and loses.
    nina
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

so we can all keep Shirl and all others in Katrina's path in our prayers.

Pepper
  8. granny1353

granny1353 New Member

I am praying for Shirl and all the people who are in harms ways. Take a moment and pray now before you get busy and forget.

Granny
  9. happygranny

happygranny Member

Of this horrific storm.

I just heard about it a few minutes ago and came to IS to see about all who are in the path of that storm.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

hapygranny
  10. PITATOO

PITATOO Member

Yes, Please pray; I have a sister and family in Houma which is closer to the gulf than New Orleans.
  11. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I am praying for Shirl and hoping she was able to take her dogs with her.
    I hope she will find safety.

I'm so upset over all of this and all the poor people who must be in a panic to get out of the storm's path.

My heart goes out to all. I have relatives in Panama City, FL. I pray they will be safe.

Shirl will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers as will her pets.

Love,
    Faye
  12. meinpain

meinpain New Member

I live in Panama City Beach Fl...they are still saying we are gonna have power outages and winds over 50 mph. As far away as we are from the storms center..this is terrible! New Orleans will be devasted, as will those areas east of the storm all the way to Mobile. Please if you are in this area...GET OUT NOW!!

We will all keep you in our prayers.

Be Safe!

Meinpain
  13. elsa

elsa New Member

Family in New Orleans and Biloxi coming here ...
    predicting tropical storm strength by the time it hits us here at "home".

Could ya'll also pray for all the people on the roads. Getting out of the targeted landfall is only half the battle. Dodging the flooding and tornadoes on the way to safety is risky too.

We have had for the past 24 hours severe thunderstorms
    with lots of rain. ( Unrelated to Katrina.)Point being, the ground is already saturated and Katrina's size is going to dump God knows how much more on us. Flooding is a real threat.

Mississippi River should be o.k. concerning flooding, but all the tributaries leading into and surrounding the river are going to be full to overflowing.

They are posting Tornado warnings in Mobile, Al already. Wow .... Keep your fingers crossed please.

Elsa

14. granny1353

granny1353 New Member

15. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Bumping with prayers
  16. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I pray that Shirl will be safe with her pet family from the monster that is heading their way. So many need our prayers, those fleeing, those in shelters, those who stayed behind, and all of God's creatures who must withstand this horrid storm.

Gentle Hugs and Prayers for all

joan
  17. fibrodeb

fibrodeb New Member

18. tansy

tansy New Member

and everyone else in the hurricane's forecast path.

Difficult and stressful for mayone, even more so for those with these DDs.

love, Tansy
  19. Megumi

Megumi New Member

20. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I'm so glad to hear that Acesnanna heard from Shirl and that everything is tied down and that she isn't alone. I know that she has a great faith. My prayers will be going up for Shirl, her family and all in the path of the horrible hurricane.

Warm hugs and prayers, Shirl! We look forward to having you post and letting us know first hand you are well.

Love, Jeannette