Shirl , Medscape & Goldleaf!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by zggygirl, Jul 10, 2003.

1. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Hi Shirl,
    Thanks for the info on Gabatril. I am curious about accessing Medscape. When I did a search( I think it was on Gabatril) and Medscape came up I clicked on it and it told me I had to log in. It looked like I had to be a physician. Are there different levels? I just gave up at that point.

PS You mentioned a frame you gold leafed in another post. I learned how to do basic gold leafing and loved it. Not the traditional kind but just using leaf and size. It is not easy to do. And you did a whole frame? Pretty neat!
    Ziggy
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You can just join Medscape, you don't need to be a physican, if that was the case, I would not be able to go there!!! I cannot even pronounce half those drugs names :)

Yes, I did a whole frame, I love to do that kind of stuff but I did that frame about 8 years ago. Was in remission at the time for a whole year! Made slip covers, draperies, covered a couple of chairs, wow, I really took advantage of that remission!

I hope I get that 'lucky' again, I have an old 90" table(oval shape) with carving all around it, and six chairs to match that are painted what I call 'puke yellow', would love to do this set in white and goldleaf.
    The table has two pedestals all carved to hold it up. Its like a Medieval design, chairs are high backed with carving on the back something like a tulip very high. Its hand made in Mexico and I bought it for $175.00.

An absolute steal! But that color hurts my heart to look at it ): I am patiently waiting to feel that good again to do this set.

Sometimes this FM just kills my soul. It seems all our talents go to hell in a handbasket, we just don't have the strength to do those great things we could do normally.

Oh well, thats my vent for the month!

Shalom, Shirl

3. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

That table and chair set sounds soooo beautiful especially if it was white with gold leaf :)
    Maybe we could both go into remission at the same time. I think you could definatly teach me some things about gold leafing. I have/had trouble with angles. And never tackled anything big.
    I am buying a lamp bead making kit. It is something that you can take lots of breaks with whenever you want. Though the sitting and holding the arms out isgoing to be tough. But I just have to try it. I am craving doing something that focuses all my attention.
    Take Care,
    Ziggy