Shirl....more Mag info needed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Jan 9, 2003.

1. achy

achy New Member

Also want to thank you for all you do for the Board. I am so glad we have been blessed wiht your presence!! Thanks!

Ok...reading your magnesium posts I am confused (which is a normal state for me)

You say you take pro energy that has Mag to give you a boost during the day....
    But,
    then you take another product (se, can't remember name)
    that is also mag. to help you sleep....

Why does one combo help you sleep and the other give you energy???

I hope I am not the only one confused.
    thanks again
    warm fuzzies
    Achy
  2. Jude

Jude New Member

For Shirl
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

We should all have 'confusion' written on our foreheads! I would venture to bet all of us live in a somewhat state of confusion most of the time!

Alright, I take the Pro Energy (Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate), 2 capsules before breakfast, and 2 before lunch.

This is simply for pain, and the Malic Acid (which is taken from Apples) for energy. I also take B-complex, one a day after I eat.

The ZMA (zinc, magnesium and B-6) I take at nightime for sleep. It helps me get to stage four sleep, I do mean sleep deeply, which I had not done before in my adult life.

Why ZMA helps with sleep?? I contacted the manufacturer of this product, and they can't answer this question! But believe me it works.

So, all total I am taking about 350 to 400 milligrams of mangesium a day. It is working so well for me.

From what I understand, magnesium is a natural tranquilizer, its also good for the heart, and it heals the muscles in our bodies.

As for the sleeping, well its up for grabs why the ZMA works! I am taking about the normal or a little more magnesium as is recommended.

I was taking six of the Pro Energy, but cut it back to four to accommodate the magnesium in the ZMA.

Hope this explains it a little better, if not, let me know, I will try again!(smile). I am a bit off myself today.

Thanks for the sweet compliment, you are a sweetheart yourself!

Shalom, Shirl