Shirl or anyone - ZMA??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GooGooGirl, Aug 22, 2003.

1. GooGooGirl

GooGooGirl New Member

I was thinking of trying ZMA. I've seen Shirl talk about it many times. Does it help with muscle cramps? Does it make you sleep better? I know Shirl said to take it at bedtime. I already take Klonopin before bed. Would it be OK to take both? Any advice would be appreciated!
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This special formula enhances sleep and does not interfere with meds, except if you are taking anitbiotics or any other drugs which are inhibited by magnesium. In that case, take the ABX or whatever two hours before taking the ZMA and Klonopin.

Start out slowly with one capsule instead of two. If it gives you energy instead of making you relaxed, start taking it in the afternoon and slowly move it closer to bedtime. Then, you can up the dose to two tablets. Do not take calcium with it. Take you calcium with meals. Calcium will bind to the magnesium and it will not have a chance to work in your body.

Magnesium heals muscle tissue while we sleep. Because of this and because of the better quality of sleep, the ZMA helps greatly with pain.

There are products out there called ZMA which do not work like the formula sold here.

Love, Mikie
  3. GooGooGirl

GooGooGirl New Member

I appreciate your quick response! Thanks!
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Yes it helps greatly with muscle spasms, and it actually stopped my RLS. I did not know it was good for RLS, but after taking it for a few weeks, I realized that my legs quit the night 'jumping' too.

The man (Mel) who recommended it to me took it along with the Klonopin, and I take it with Xanax . Works great with both these meds.

I have been taking it now for 17 months, and I sleep everynight for 7-8 hours without waking up.

Do give the ZMA about 10 days to 2 weeks to work.

Shalom, Shirl