Shirl or Kathryn

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Debgene56, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

Hi thanks for responding. Went to Sears and found a fullsize for a king size bed on sale for 66.00. I have a question for you. I have a eggcrate mattress and a mattress pad already on the bed. Do you think it is safe to use them both? Also, It is numbered 1-9 for heat setting, what have you had luck with? One more, I am the only one in my kingsize bed, do you think I should cut the fitted part away to make it fit or what? Thanks alot, can't waite to try it out, sounds like bliss. Love, Deb
  2. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I hope it works for you! I don't know about adjusting the size, so I won't try to suggest anything. I put mine on right over the regular mattress pad for extra softness. Sometimes our extra firm mattress feels like a brick. About 1/2 hour before I plan to go to bed, I go in and turn it on to the highest setting. When I get in bed I usually turn it down to about 3. Just experiment to see what feels good to you. I wouldn't use an electric blanket with it.
    Kathryn
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I can't help with the eggcrate, I have mine on top of a featherbed and its find. I keep mine on high (it does not get real hot, just nice and warm).

I cut the skirt off mine, for two reasons, one my husband, the other, the featherbed.

Why not call the number on the product and ask about the eggcrate? I am sure they will be glad to tell you.

The heating is on top of the pad, so maybe it won't matter, but call to be sure.

You will love this pad, what a relief to not be chilled, and have the pain and stiffness down to a minimum! I feel like I am in a pleasant cocoon, sometimes I don't want to get out of the bed.

By the way, that was a good price! I paid more than that for a single!

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

I put it on top of my mattress pad. I kept it at about 6. Wasn't hot enough. The heat felt wierd on my legs for awhile. When I move my legs around it dosen't feel as hot, I don't know if I am getting uneven heating or not. But overall I really liked it. I will try it on the higher setting tonight. Do your pads stay evenly hot? Love, Deb
  5. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member