Shirl - re ZMA...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bellesmom, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

Sorry to bother you but how much of the ingredients in ZMA can you take at one time? I am already taking ProEnergy and Magnesium Glycinate as well as calcium and magnesium - all from the store on this site.

I looked into ZMA before but it seemed like I would really be overdoing it on the Magnesium, B-6 and whatever else is in it. The only thing I don't take already is the Zinc.

What do you think??

Thanx
    Pam, Spanaway, WA
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

What I do is take one Pro Energy before breakfast (with a full glass of water), one before lunch (also with a glass of water), the the ZMA at night before bed.

I am averaging about 450 -500 milligrams of magnesium a day. Which is about average.

I do not take calcium with magnesium, I think that they should be taken a few hours apart, but others take it together.

As for the B-6 I don't think that would be over doing it since I am taking two a day of the Pro Energy and 2 at night of the ZMA.

As for calcium, I am a milk drinker, so I do not take calcium supplements, as I get more than enough calcium with milk and yogurt, BUT make sure I do not eat/drink with the magnesium supplements.

If you over do the magnesium, it will give you diarrhea. Thats a signal to cut back.

Hope this helped.

Shalom, Shirl

3. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

I just wish the store on this site would let us change our automatic shipments online instead of calling in. I just hate to talk on the phone (that's just me!).

So glad to have the wealth of information available on this website. You are ALL so wonderful!!!

Love
    Pam
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I know what you mean about talking on the phone! One time I would be on the phone all the time. Now when it rings I could scream!

I even hate to order my supplements, or anything else. Must be something to do with these illnesses, who knows?

Take care and I hope you get the results I get from the Pro Energy and the ZMA.

Shalom, Shirl