Shirl...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MarilynK, Aug 24, 2002.

1. MarilynK

MarilynK New Member

Hi there,
    I have just orderd the FM and Melantonin from here.
    I want to stop taking so mutch presc.Med.
    I will try to cut out my sleep med.
    I will do it one by one and se how it goes.
    I hope i get it thru customs since they dont sell Melantonin here in Norway.
    Do you have any advice for me?
    I have been out sick since last oct. and waiting for it to get better but have come to realize that it will not. Atleast not know.My Doc. keeps telling me i have to exept it like a cronich ill person.
    I am on for pain Tramadol and for anxiety Sobril ( i thimk it is called something else to) And Imovane for sleep.
    I was on just anti depp. for tree years strait and that was wonderful when i started with them i was able to work full time but after 3 years the effct was not there anymore, i then started to search for another anti depp. i could take but so far i have had strange reaction from all of them so i have taken a break from trying that.My plan was to find one ( anti depp.) so i could get off the med. for pain and anxiety at least .Do what i did 4 years ago....
    I guess i just havent exepted that it has gotten worse and i have to live withit.
    Well anyway i am going to try taking natural med. and change this bad ring i am in.
    We all used to be energy peolple that did three things at ones and still had control.
    Well i dident mean for this to bee so long.
    But i was hoping maybe you had some advice to me when you got some backgraond info. ??

god bless
    Marilyn
  2. MarilynK

MarilynK New Member

Hi there,
    I have just orderd the FM and Melantonin from here.
    I want to stop taking so mutch presc.Med.
    I will try to cut out my sleep med.
    I will do it one by one and se how it goes.
    I hope i get it thru customs since they dont sell Melantonin here in Norway.
    Do you have any advice for me?
    I have been out sick since last oct. and waiting for it to get better but have come to realize that it will not. Atleast not know.My Doc. keeps telling me i have to exept it like a cronich ill person.
    I am on for pain Tramadol and for anxiety Sobril ( i thimk it is called something else to) And Imovane for sleep.
    I was on just anti depp. for tree years strait and that was wonderful when i started with them i was able to work full time but after 3 years the effct was not there anymore, i then started to search for another anti depp. i could take but so far i have had strange reaction from all of them so i have taken a break from trying that.My plan was to find one ( anti depp.) so i could get off the med. for pain and anxiety at least .Do what i did 4 years ago....
    I guess i just havent exepted that it has gotten worse and i have to live withit.
    Well anyway i am going to try taking natural med. and change this bad ring i am in.
    We all used to be energy peolple that did three things at ones and still had control.
    Well i dident mean for this to bee so long.
    But i was hoping maybe you had some advice to me when you got some backgraond info. ??

god bless
    Marilyn
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am not good with the drug names, as I am mostly on supplements and herbs.

The only drug I take is a low dose Xanax (0.25 milligrams) at 6pm in the evening to calm what the doctor describle as 'racing brain'.

If you want to read about the prescription drugs, here is a site that is very good; www.medscape.com

Also if you go to the top of this board where it says; 'Home', 'Library' and 'Community' there is a wealth of information on FM/CFS, medications and lots of other articles.

I know you will need your doctor to cut back on your prescription drugs, don't try to do this alone! It could have serious effects on your body.

Also talk to your chemist(pharmacist), in the states they seem to know more about meds then the doctors here do.

I am so sorry I can't help more, but hopefully others will comment on your post for you.

You take care, and I so hope you get better soon.

Also I hope the Melatonin makes it to you!

Shalom, Shirl
  4. MarilynK

MarilynK New Member

Thank you for the information, sorry i havent replyed before know.
    I will start taking some of what i can by here and se how it goes.
    I am in to se a spesialist sept.9 and hopefully he can tell me something new.
    Thanks again Shirl, and take care.

Marilyn
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hope your Sept. appointment works out and they find some help for you dear lady.

Please keep me informed on how you are doing, and you take care too.

Shalom, Shirl

[ advertisement ]