SHOCKS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by little, Nov 21, 2002.

  1. little

    little Member

    When I go into a Wal-Mart, it doesn't matter what state i'm in, anything I touch gives me a shock. Even when I am wearing sandals and my big toe touches the floor I get a shock. Sometimes they really hurt. Has anyone had this happen to them. GAIL
  2. little

    little Member

    When I go into a Wal-Mart, it doesn't matter what state i'm in, anything I touch gives me a shock. Even when I am wearing sandals and my big toe touches the floor I get a shock. Sometimes they really hurt. Has anyone had this happen to them. GAIL
  3. ladybird1

    ladybird1 New Member

    I get shocks when I go to an area grovery sotre. It's usually near the frozen food freezer. Sometimes I can
    touch cans on shelves and it happens. DOn't know if it;s
    me or freaky wiring in the store/
  4. dd

    dd New Member

    That happens to me all the time...especially at Wal-Mart. I thought I was going crazy at first because I would ask my husband and kids if they were getting "shocked" and they always said no. I finally stopped asking them but still get it everytime I go in there. It would be interesting to find out what causes it. Maybe we have something in our bodies that conducts the electricity??? Good topic.

    Debbie
  5. JaciBart

    JaciBart Member

    What I do for that at home is I have one of those little fountains in the Living Room, it evaporates into the air, putting moisture in the air.
    My little son & I Moved to this side of the state almost 3 yrs ago & it is much drier here, desert in fact. We were on the coast side of Wa state all our lives, since I was 10 anyway. I noticed as soon as I moved to this side of the mtn that there is much electricity. It is from a lack of moisture. I sometimes put a big pot of water on the stove too & just boil it all day, it really helps. A humidifier would work well also. Just turn it on with plain water each morning for a few hours.
    After I moved here I met my hubby in the course of doing biz, he is a purchasing mgr & I was in sales, we did biz & were madly in love from the start. We are incredibly close and we celebrate 1 yr on Dec 1 so I am here for good. I can brag about him for hours, anyway, what I would suggest is this, try the moisture thing at home, I never get shocked anywhere, I think when our skin & hair are more moist it stays with us. The other thing is maybe take a water bottle with you, or keep one in your car & just wet your hands a bit right before you go in, or maybe your neck just a bit. I am not sure but I would think that the presence of moisture would stop it, let me know if it works.
    Good luck,
    Jaci

[ advertisement ]