shooting head pains

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srs7874, Sep 8, 2006.

1. srs7874

srs7874 New Member

Anyone get shooting scalp pains. I have always had occipital nerve issues at the back, lower left part of my head (painful throbbing) but now I am having some very brief shooting pains higher up that feel very superficial.

Just got diagnosed with a heart condition and I am dealing with that now so I REALLY don't want to see the doctor about this one!!!
  2. TerryS

TerryS Member

I have mild electric-like pains that run from the front of my head to the back.

I also have the same type of pains in my extremities.

As well, I have shooting/stabbing pains that run through my body in various places out of the blue.

TERRY
  3. kirbycat

kirbycat New Member

Sometimes it feel like I've been shot with a bullet. And it comes from nowhere. Through my eye, through my brain and on my scalp, front to back, side to side.

I get these pretty regularly. Loud noises sometimes causes it, I think.

Cathy
  4. keke466

keke466 New Member

That's wierd I was just thinking about this today. I get them also. Scares me. I can just be sitting here and all of a sudden have a shooting pain mostly on the left side. It kinda scares me I guess cause in my mid 20's I had bells palsy on the left side of my face and it came out of nowhere. I had pain in the lower left bottom part of my head the night it happened. Probably this crazy FM.

Keke
  5. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

I have had the shooting electric type feeling pain shoot through my head as well. I started to have them when I was younger in my teens and they have resurfaced again about year or so ago.. They scare me and my husband. One time I had a episode in the car and I thought I was having a brain embolism..my husband stopped the car and held my hand until the pain was gone. I really thought I was dying oe something terrible is wrong..I still haven't erased that thought out of my head, but I am so scared that it may be something else. How often do you have them? I have them about once a month sometimes every other month. I remember having them most when I was a child and my mother called them "growing pains".

I will be praying for you..Take Care

God Bless you!!

Noahvale--Kathy

6. blueyegirl57

blueyegirl57 New Member

Hi, I have had a pain in the right side of my head off and on. First it feels like my head is asleep (tingling) I went to a neuroligist (my spelling) and he did a mri and I have bone spirs in my neck and that is the problem . He said that he could do surgury but it might not work so he though that I should not do it as long as I could stand the pain. Good Luck to you. ~~ Peace Be With You ~~