Shooting pains across eyes??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ozgran, Jul 29, 2003.

1. ozgran

ozgran New Member

Does anyone else experience this. It doesn't happen every day, but will happen just "out of the blue". Makes me blink and is a real sting when it does happen. Am just curious to see if others have similar or if it is just me. Love Ozgran.
  2. mycatprint

mycatprint New Member

sometimes my eyeballs themselves hurt, but most of the time my perception is that the pain is right behind my eyeballs. A brief, very sharp, stabbing pain. Like someone is sticking me with an icepick for a split second, then it is gone. Makes me wince and used to scare me. I wonder if it is a symptom of myofacial pain syndrome, but no one seems to have an answer or a treatment plan.

tell me if something you do helps yours, ok?

hugs from CAT
  3. nancyw

nancyw New Member

Hi Ozgran: I have occasional "shooting pain" in my left eye quite frequently and also the sensation that someone is "pushing" on my right eye. The shooting pain is very short duration (almost like an electric shock), but quite intense. It's always my left eye. I also suffer from headaches in my left temporal area that have been classified as tension headaches, but they last for weeks at a time and make it really difficult to "process thoughts". My eyes have become so dry that I can no longer wear my contacts and my prescription has changed twice within the last year. Just another weird little side effect of this DD. Hang in there.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I would have the eye doc check this out just to be on the safe side.

Love, Mikie
  5. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

I was just diagnosed yesterday, but have been suffering for at least the past seven years. I am shocked at how well the symptoms I'm reading about match my own experience. And yes, I get sudden sharp stabbing pains in my eyes. They've decreased since I started using long-lasting eye drops to deal with the dryness.
  6. ozgran

ozgran New Member

Thanks for the replies. I did have my optometrist check this out and there was no problem, tho' one time I did have a little dryness in the eyes and was given some drops.It was just worse yesterday and I thought I would see if anyone else had the same. It seems a few may have the same thing. I figured it was part of this DD. Will see what this Dr I am to see on 13th has to say about it. Love Ozgran