Shortness of Breath

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by donna275, Oct 4, 2005.

1. donna275

donna275 New Member

Hello everyone,

I have been having shortness of breath lately. I was wondering if anyone else has this symptom. I have had it before over the last two years, but it would come for a couple of days, then be gone. However, over the last two weeks, I have had it more often. My feeling is that when I breath, it feels like my lungs is not absorbing enough air and I feel like i have to yawn. Once I yawn, I am okay. But, sometimes I can't yawn and I have to keep trying and trying before I feel better. I am not lying down or doing excercises when this happens. I am just sitting.

Anyone have thoughts about this?

Thank you,
    Donna
  2. sukis

sukis New Member

hi donna,
    i am exactly the same as you, i just keep yawning, i think well its ME and there aint much i can do about it, hope you improve anyway love brenda
    [This Message was Edited on 10/04/2005]
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

she has CFS too.

I've read that its called Air Hunger, I dont know why it happens and I dont think it's dangerous, at least I hope not.

If you do have it checked out will you let us know results please.

Thanks.

love
    Rosie

[This Message was Edited on 10/04/2005]
  4. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Donna,

I have this happen often. It usually comes on me and lasts a few days and then gets better. Sometimes it is so bad that I feel like I am fighting to breathe! I went to the pulmonary doc and he gave me Advair. When I start to feel it coming on, I use it and it helps.
    Maybe you should talk to the your about it. Hope this helps.

God Bless....Mari
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

I, too, think any problem like this should be evualated by a doctor--a lung doctor in your case.

You should also be evaluated by a cardiologist. Being short of breath is caused by your heart not pumping correctly.

Please get an appt. with both of these type docs ASAP!!!!!!

Please take care of yourself,
    Janet
  6. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Several years before I was diagnosed with CFS, my doctor told me that my shortness of breath was due to asthma: I had the breathing tests which "showed" asthma. I was put on medication, both preventative and emergency puffers. Several years later, after being diagnosed with CFS, a different doctor told me that it was definitely linked to CFS - for me at least - and that the asthma med. was okay, even though asthma was not the cause. But it is something to have checked out so that if necessary, you have some meds at hand. I have found that acupuncture - from a good acupuncturist - has really helped. I see her weekly and she can tell, from my tongue, without my having to tell her, how my breathing has been in the last week. Scarey Huh?!