Shortness of breath ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowee, Sep 19, 2006.

1. meowee

meowee New Member

Hi all,
    I wondered if anyone else has noticed this. I seem to have shortness of breath while making the bed, folding clothes, doing mundane things. I try to walk a mile or so a few days a week if I can. I don't go real fast, but I don't get out of breath then. It is weird.

I wonder if your breathing muscles are affected by this stupid disease?

God blessxoxo
  2. TerryS

TerryS Member

from making the bed, etc. I wonder if it's because I'm bending over??? If I walk at a slower pace, I'm not out of breath, just when I'm performing a task. Going up the stairs also leaves me out of breath.

I had my lung capacity tested in 2001 at an asthma clinic. I had already lost 30% at that time. Wonder where I am today?

TerryS
  3. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

I've had a problem with shortness of breath ever since I came down with CFS in 1999. I told several doctors about it, but I may as well been talking to a rock.

I did some research on the net a couple of years ago, and found that breathlessness is one of the symptoms of orthostatic intolerance.

I would also get to feeling really bad, if I had to stand for 10 minutes or so. Felt like I could pass out if I kept standing. I did fine most of the time walking, but couldn't take standing still, or walking really slow like shopping.

Anyway, when I read about orthostatic intolerance I knew that was my problem, and I told my doctor I wanted a tilt table test done. Turned out that I had neurocardiogenic syncope which is just one form of OI.

I've read that most everyone that has CFS has a form of OI.
    You may want to do a search on it to see of it sound like you.

Barb