Shortness of breath

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alison03, May 8, 2012.

1. alison03

alison03 New Member

I have been batteling shortness of breath for 7 yrs now. I started out being feeling very sick with weakness, sweats,gurguly in throat, feverish and short of breath just walking a few steps or talking a few words. I had extensive testing on my heart, like cardiac mri, nucleur stress test, echo stress. I had cat scan of lungs 3 times. Antiflamatories help and prednisone. It isn't as severe as it was the first 6 months but if I walk a couple of blocks or jump or vacum I get the shortness of breath hours later, lightheaded, feels like my chest is blowing up with fluid. Very uncomfortable and scary. I am so limited...Does anyone else have this issue ?
  2. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Hi Alison, yes I have had that. It is so scary but besides pregnisone when it happens to me nothing else worked. Also you may have a condition called POTS which is an orthostatic issue that most cardiologists miss. Have you ever had a tilt table test done?
  3. LadyCarol

LadyCarol Member

What medications are you taking ? Shortness of breath can be a side effect of some medications.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/08/2012]