Should I be worried or just plan my funeral????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nah.stacey, Jan 10, 2010.

1. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

Does anyone have a rotating virus like this?????

Every 4 - 6 weeks I get a viral attack that sends me to bed for a week or more.

For instance..

My hubby and I went to the movie on Jan 1st. I knew I shouldn't have gone, I could feel something creeping in. I couldn't let him down AGAIN. He finally had a day off after days and days of 12 hour shifts and he wanted to see Avatar.

I sat through the movie just gritting my teeth, trying soooo hard not to jump out of my skin.
    When the movie finally ended I told my husband "Run, get the car and I will meet you out front, just GOOOO." Sounds dramatic but let me tell you the rest.

We drove home as fast as we could and luckily it wasn't far. I flew upstairs swallowed 2 1/2 10/325 Percocets and threw myself into my luvsac and just wailed with pain. I felt like my brain and heart were going to explode. My head was on FIRE and my eyes felt like they could burn a hole in whatever I looked at. My husband put a cold washrag on my head and tried to help me through the worst. It took an hour before I could quit wailing and bring it down to a hard whimper. He tried rubbing my shoulder and I had to yelp and tell him not to touch me till the worst had passed. The fever lasted for about four days and a cold wash rag and ambien were my only salvation. It is now the 10th or whatever and I am just starting to be able to be vertical for an hour or so. If I go down the stairs let in the cat and go back up the stairs, my heart is pounding like it's on it's last beat. I have to lay down until it calms down and the abominable weakness passes.

This virus has been this traumatic a number of times before but I can't get to an emergency room during the worst of it and if I did they would just tell me it's a virus.

Where do I turn? I just pray for the end to finally come.

2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

{{{{{gentle hugs}}}}} wish I knew what to say, but I do want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers.....I can't handle the movies anymore, and I do seem to be having symptoms flare up at regular intervals (almost like a push crash cycle, except there is no push - just bad, then worse, than bad again), but nothing quite like what you describe, so I am not sure what to suggest.....hope you are feeling at least a bit better
  3. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

PH site not working right, so am rushing to tell you I am so sorry this is
    happening to you! Even though you felt it coming on, going to the movies
    and seeing Avatar must have really put you over the edge. Was it loud
    and lots of screen action like the ads show? That overstimulation must
    have really tipped your brain over the edge.

i highly suggest an Impedance Cardiograph test: Call info for the BioZ
    company's toll free number (call 1-800-555-1212 and tell them it's in
    California somewhere. Ask the receptionist where you can get the test
    in your ZIP or some close by (have a few at hand to tell them).

That racing heart causing the blood to ebb and flow in your brain is
    very painful. Ice packs can help; try one on the base of your skull.

Please just rest and do whatever it takes to overcome this for now.
    Of course the ER doesn't know what to do...the damn CDC has them
    thinking we are just "unwell"; may they rot for it.

Do let us know how you are doing, will you? You are in my thoughts
    and wishes for a fast recovery.

Hugs galore,
  4. simonedb

simonedb Member

stacey sorry to hear that, how frustrating
    I think you also pickd the wrong film to take a chance on, that was nice of you to try to be kind to your husband though
    a friend of mine with FM said that film gave her awful headaches watching it, she was tortured too so I think I wll pass on that, I did biofeedback for awhile about 10 years ago and it made me aware how flashing lights can trigger good things or bad things, sounds like avatar could have done something
    I actually go to the movies regularly, I love it, if comfortable seating and has to be a film I know I will like or the possible discomfort of seating etc gets too noticeable
  5. loto

loto Member

It's terrible that your pain, etc is that severe. I've never experienced anything that terrible, and I'm just beginning to feel better after a 4 day flare.
    Do your doctors tell you this is just "normal"????
    Please hang in there, I know that's probably a stupid thing for me to say when I've never had the attack you described. Please keep going and hopefully a doctor will give you the help you need and deserve to stop these regular attacks.

Praying for you,
  6. LindaJones

LindaJones New Member

it is important for people with cfs to AVOID STRESS
    stress can make cfs symptoms worse
    try to eliminate ALL STRESS from your life if possible
    you have to put your needs first and take care of yourself
    I also recommend seeing an infectious disease doctor who specializes in cfs
  7. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

"Please just rest and do whatever it takes to overcome this for now.
    Of course the ER doesn't know what to do...the damn CDC has them
    thinking we are just "unwell"; may they rot for it."

skeptic2......that quote of your made me laugh so hard I blew milk threw my nose! I thought I was the only one wish truly vile things for those that doubt us.

Stacy....i have never had that kind of a reaction like yours, it sounds awful, i am glad your husband helped you threw it! He is a keeper:) I do get anxious almost anytime I leave the house though because I know in the cold weather I will have to pay the price. I really hope you are feeling better....take care and a air hug:)

8. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi Nah.Stacey,

I'm so sorry to hear you are having such terrible sickness. I have caught myself many, many times telling my friends and family, "I'm just getting the flu". It wasn't the flu, it never is... It's always just the "severe" stuff coming back. This is a cycle for many of us. I've had a fever for alomst 6 years. It sucks.

I hope you will be able to find some things that helps you. I hope you aren't truly getting virus after virus, that would be terrible. Please let us know how you are holding up.

9. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

Hi stacy, your story sounds all too familiar to me.

Had I done something like that (the movie), I would have gotten the same reaction. Next time honey, do NOT go up the stairs, you're going to make yourself so much worse than you already are... Our hearts are so weak, they're pounding because they're struggling to keep blood to our brain! Have hubby carry you if it's possible, or just lie downstairs for a while. You need to be HORIZONTAL.

When we overdo it (which can be anything from sitting up too long, to cleaning a room, just "normal" things), it's very common to get that flu reaction. However, if this is happening consistently every four to six weeks, I should remind you that's how long the Lyme Disease bacteria take to reproduce and cause symptom flares--fever included. (And I got mine in an area where the CDC says there's only one case PER YEAR: Did I really get THAT "lucky"? Don't believe them.)

And you have a cat?! I got cat scratch disease/bartonellosis from my cat, and my body didn't even react to it/try to fight it off, so the darn bacteria just went straight to my brain and added to my infection load. Now I'm on antibiotics for it, and getting at least a little better. Who would have thought... But with M.E., things just get past our dysfunctional immune system. Lyme doesn't help, either. (And cats don't show the symptoms of the bacteria, so you can't tell when they have bartonella.)

M.E. can cause random fevers, and temperatures that bounce all over the place. But when you have a pattern, you know soemthing is consistently reproducing, and that pattern is usually a sign of bacteria. It might be worth it to look at the symptoms of Lyme Disease and/or Bartonella here:

Diagnostic Hints and Treatment Guidelines for Lyme and Other Tick Borne Illnesses

I hope you don't think I'm just another person ranting about Lyme disease. lol. No one wants to have it because it's so difficult getting a doctor to treat it, but at least this has a treatment option, you know? If this is really happening every 4-6 weeks, that's a sign of something.