Should I "gift" my message table or have more hope for my future?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by painterZ, Jun 12, 2008.

1. painterZ

painterZ New Member

My very best friend in the world moved to Florida about 2 1/2 years ago. What this woman has gone through is just jaw-dropping. Anyway, she turns 37yrs on Sunday (same as my age)and I want to gift her my old message table. I am technically a R.N., I finished massage school but never got certified, I am fully certified in Reiki and Healing Touch Therapy, however have not been able to practice any of these things for about 5yrs now due to depression, D.I.D., memory loss from we know the list goes on. My friend is entering her second semister of message classes and needs her own table (which are very expensive). My table is in great condition, a really good one, with the detachable head piece and a carry bag. I want to send it to my friend for a b-day gift (neither of us have much money) my family got upset saying I should keep it for "when I get better". And they kept saying that along with how expensive it was. I told them that as this point none of that is in my immediate future and my Flordian friend will soon need her own table. I got ridiculed for being a quitter and a pessimist. Should I let this piece of equipment sit in my basement for another five years untouched or go with my gut and send it to my buddy? I'd really appreciate any of your imput.

2. stick2013

stick2013 Member

It's your table, your friend, your decision. Do what your heart tells you to do, and enjoy your decision......
  3. painterZ

painterZ New Member

and she accepted it with open arms. We agreed to share the shipping cost since I wanted to "give" her something. So as soon as we can put our pennies together off goes the table to somebody who'll use it.

Either that or I'll paste a big thumb onto the massage table, place it on the highway and attach a sign that says West Palm Beach or Bust!!