Should I go on my vacation in this state???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bunchy, Apr 26, 2007.

  1. Bunchy

    Bunchy New Member

    Hi all,

    I posted earlier this week about my awful reaction to travel innoculations I had ten days ago.

    We are supposed to be going to Mauritius in two weeks time.

    I had the following symptoms for the first four days after the innoculations:

    Itching all over
    sweats/mild fever
    burning stomach and very bad taste in mouth
    nausea and diarhhoea
    headache with noises, deafness and cotton wool feeling
    pain down both sides of abdomen
    faintness/ blacking out

    Since then (a week ago) I am suffering PROFOUND exhaustion, both physical and mental and weak legs, shakiness.

    The shots I had were Hepatitis A, Tetanus, Polio and Diptheria.

    I never thought this would happen. I expected a reaction of sorts but nothing like this :-(

    The thing is my hubby would not let me up the insurance cover so we stand to lose a LOT of money if we cancel. We can't afford to lose that much as I don't work.

    But I don't know if I should go anyway as it is supposed to be a relaxing beach holiday and could help.

    But then again I might be risking catching something else there on top of all this and make myself even worse.

    PLEASE your advise????

    Confused, frightened and helpless,

    Love Bunchy x

    PS Have rested my butt off and taken all advised supplements which just give me diarrhoea and eggy wind!!!
  2. cherylsue

    cherylsue Member

    Oops! Who told you to get all those vacinations? With CFS your immune system is not working up to par, and you just taxed it with a lot of heavy immunizations.

    Immunizations can trigger relapses. I wish you patience and a lot of luck.

    Hugs,

    CherylSue
  3. jmq

    jmq New Member

    I could give you advise. I know that I have been in that situation and could not get a refund...but with a doctors note could postpone the trip with a fee. I hope you get better soon!!!!!

    jmq
  4. springrose22

    springrose22 New Member

    What a pain! You know, I always stay away from vaccinations now because they have contributed to my CFS, both because of the immune system overload, and because of the themerosol (preservative) that the shots are in. But, of course, it's too late for you now. Don't know what you should do, but, if you think you can handle the trip there, and KNOW that you can REST while you are there, then, go for it. What the hell, who wants to travel while they are sick, but then, staying home now won't necessarily help either. I say go, but be prepared to REST. That means hubby will have to be very understanding...Mind you I am not speaking for myself here. Marie
    [This Message was Edited on 04/26/2007]
  5. bigmama2

    bigmama2 New Member

    i hope you start to feel better and can go!

    bigmamam2