should I move my altar?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Adl123, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

An old friend is going to visit me for a few days. When this happens I put guests in my bedroom and move to the livingroom, as I sleep in a recliner, and which one I use doesn't matter. My friend is a relatively new and very strict Born Again Christian, and I am more of a Buddhist. Now, in my bedroom I have my main altar, with a statue of buddha and candles, etc.... It occurred to me that she might be ofended at the altar and tht I should put it away while she is here. I want her to be comfortable, and I have other Buddhist statues around the house, anyway. What do you think? I would not want her to feel that I was pushng my beliefs on her.I would appreciate hearing what you thnk about this. Thanks, Terry
  2. britt

britt New Member

what I always do in situations like these is to pray to my God and he always answers my prayers....and then do what you feel the right thing to do is...you might want to discuss your dilemma with you friend and see how she or he feels about the situation. thats what friends are for ....being there for eachother....to talk things out and tell eachother how each feels...even when sometimes we have to agree to disagree..hope this was of some help...