Should i share the CFIDS advertisement on my face book ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Anafun, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Anafun

Anafun Member

I was wondering whether posting the CFIDS association of America Advertisement on their facebook with my friends on FB.I wanted to keep posting info about CFIDS since it is Awareness month in May..
    Majority of my friends on FB are fron school and college days and dont know that i have CFIDS .
    They know me as being very educated and worked as a professional .They think i am at home now to take care of my toddler and nothing more.
    i wonder how they will respond.Except a few, .most of my acquaintances here dont ask me about my illness and dont seem to be interested to know about it either.
    I really want to EDUCATE the world ,..but is it worth my time ?Should i announce it to the world?
  2. celeste1226

celeste1226 New Member

I dont see why not. There is nothing to be ashamed about with this DD. I would encourage you to do so. Some maybe interested and others may not be. but no harm in posting it on your facebook. Some will understand others may not. But we have to live with it.
    just my 2 cents.

3. stschn

stschn New Member

I think it is past time that we all do what we can to let the world know about this illness. I once got my hands slapped here for posting about that. The modorator asked how I would feel if someone said that to me. Well hello I'd say that I agree. I never talked about it for years and I know what a mistake that was. Of course if they would get rid of the stupid and degrading name it would help. Go for it!
  4. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

There are two schools of thought on opening up about your CFIDS on FB. I personally have not disclosed anything re my fibro on FB, but some of my friends do know.

Several weeks ago, I received a Fibro Awareness Day petition to sign from my husband's cousin in Italy who is on FB. Well, I emailed her (did not post it on FB) and asked her if she had been diagnosed. The correspondence was unbelievable. She told me she never spoke of her pain (I knew she had some issues dating back to a botched epidural) except to her husband and her doctor because nobody wants to hear it. We emailed (and still do) back and forth, comforting each other in the fact that we could talk to each other, comparing stories. It was very emotional to read. It was a gift for her to find out about me and that I TOTALLY understood. Was also glad that I emailed her off FB due to her employment. We have always been close, but this has brought us closer--even across so many miles. So FB can work in quirky ways. But I still think if that little voice in the back of your head says 'don't talk about it on FB' then don't. You could just post an awareness petition, like my husband's cousin did, and maybe it will catch the attention of the right person only.