Should I suggest Physical therapy? Is it good for FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I'm just trying to figure out what to mention at my appt. You gotta tell these docs everything or they wont suggest anything. Suggestions anyone?
  2. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

Believe it or not for me it was like going to the spa lol. They should me streching techniques and they would massage me and then put wet heat on my back they also gave me the electro treatments which is very relaxing its like a TENS unit. I got to lay in a dark room and do nothing but relax which is something I don't get to do much of at home. I would love to go back but I maxed out what my insureance would pay for. I would suggest it if I were you, from my experience it was great. Good luck

hugs,
    Jeanna
  3. tedebear

tedebear New Member

The physical therapy is soothing. It gives a boost to the balance of the day. Doesn't last. But well worth it. Some doctors approve a tens unit for home use. Not as potent as PT but still works well.
    Good luck with your choices. Hope you feel a little better soon.
    Soft teddy hugs.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It has helped me with pain and kept my muscles toned, strong, and flexible. I can even do mine in bed.

Love, Mikie
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I've found that PT did not help my Fibro much, but it helped my DDD and my rotator cuff injury so much that it saved me from having surgery, and I continue to do the exercises every other day.
    Klutzo