Should I take off work tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hootie1, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

Ok, I took off today- I have been utterly exhausted!!! Mentally and physically!!

I've been working at home on Tuesdays and off on Thursday. I just need another couple of days just to recover!!!

2. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

IF you are still as tired as you were today then maybe you may need another day off to rest and get some more energy. I know that when I worked I had to take some time off when I flared and just could not move.

I worked in a craft store and had to do some sweeping and lifting , I also did all the demos's that were tole painted and that part I loved but even that would hurt when your flaring and your body just hurts all over.

So if you in alot of pain and have a lot of fatique I would say to take an extra day off. But make sure that it will not cause problems at your job.

HUG'S,
    Rosemarie
  3. SweetT

SweetT New Member

For the exact same reason.

However, my employer has started picking with me, again. So I'm going to have to tough it out. But I need to take some time off next week to be with my kids before they go back to school.
  4. caperkat

caperkat New Member

Do you the FMLA program available to you at work? That would allow you to take off when you need to, and not have it affect your attendance at work. It protects your job. I use it from time to time, like today... maybe tomorrow too.

kat
  5. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

definitly take the time off if you need too. but kat is right, you need to sign up for fmla so you won't be penalized at work for taking time off when you need it.
    rachel
  6. SweetT

SweetT New Member

My employer still violates it and everyone knows how long EEOC can take to investigate your employer violating these federal laws. They're probably picking with me because I'm trying to for promotions. Yes, I know that legally, under FMLa and ADA (Americans with disabilities Act) that employers are not to discriminate, even in promotional opportunities, but IT HAPPENS.
  7. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

Thank you for answering this crazy post! I took off work and got some needed rest!