Shoulder/Neck Pain/Fluid??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ozgran, Jun 20, 2003.

1. ozgran

ozgran New Member

Hello everyone.Have not been feeling very well lately. Have been going through a bit of a flare and so been mainly having a quick look here and that's all. Have been going to the massuer on Dr's recomendation, but have a worsening problem with my neck and shoulder. It really hurts and is almost like rods trying to stop me using my arms and neck in certain ways. It also relays to under my arm and across the breast. It is getting worse and there is alot of constant pain. Massuer has found a spot on shoulder which she says is not muscular but thinks it has a lot of fluid around that area. She has recomended I see my Dr about it which I will do next week. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Love ozgran
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sorry you have been having so much pain lately. Yes, I have had the neck, shoulder, and chest pain also.

Its really hard to deal with all at the same time.

I hope the doc can give you something to help.

I did not have fluid though. Just the pain as usual.

Heat and an Advil gel capsule, along with a 0.25 milligram of Xanax for the pain.

Also my husband will massage the areas with a strong rub called; 'Banalg', it hurts like hell, but the next day I can feel a real defference in the pain.

I also use the rice socks on my neck. Fill a mans tube sox three quarters full of raw rice, tie the end.

You can put them in the microwave for heat, or in the freezer for cold compresses. They are wonderful.

I even use one for a neck roll to sleep at night.

Sure hope you are feeling better soon. I am just coming out of a flair, it has not lasted too long this time. It was mostly my upper back.

Shalom, Shirl