shoulder pain and arm weakness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by twitcher, Jul 25, 2006.

1. twitcher

twitcher New Member

Does anyone have shoulder, neck pain which makes the whole arm feel weak? It feels like my arms are heavy and weak but I can lift heavy objects. Very hard to describe.
  2. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

hi there,

I recently went thru a bout of something similar but the neck pain was SEVERE, and one of my arms didn't only feel weak but actually lost most of it's strength from a nerve problem in the neck.

Maybe see your doctor.

Good Luck!

BigMama2
  3. lese

lese New Member

I just went to the drs for this last week, still not sure what it is, but it has been worse the last 3/4wks. My regular dr is on vaca and the dr I went to gave me muscle relaxers (like she didn't believe me) They have not helped. I almost think my lymph nodes are sore around my neck, under my arm and then straight down but they are not swollen. Any new info let me know
  4. twitcher

twitcher New Member

I had a cervical spine fusion last year and haven't been right since.
  5. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

i had sever arm and shoulder pain and weakness in the begenning of this syndrome...gl my friend
  6. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

I went to an orthopedic Dr. with shoulder,neck and arm pain.The arm and fingers kept going numb.I had MRI's and xrays from neck to hips due to ruptured disc in lumbar region and eventually my Fibro-Sjogren's DX.There was fluid in the shoulder so he stuck a long needle to the bone filled with cortizone.He said if it hurt again I could do cortizone again or surgery because it's a rotator cuff problem.I've babied my R arm ever since since neither option appeals to me.I still have pain but not like that.This is more like fibro pain with numbness sometimes.It's hard to tell with this DD so I would check it out with an Ortho to see if it's somethig like I had.