Shoulder Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acheallover, Oct 28, 2006.

1. acheallover

acheallover New Member

Hello all, I have so much pain all over my body, but as of late, my left shoulder, including my left scapula is terribly painful. I am left handed, some days I can hardly use my hand to do anything. I have been using a compound ointment, Guifenisen, Ketoprophen and Piroxicam. I use this mostly on my left shoulder joint, and scapula, but still, the pain is terrible. I had an X-ray just recently, and am waiting for the results (I don't expect an X-ray to show much) but then perhaps I can get an MRI. I also use Ultram 4-5 X day, Lyrica 150mg. day, Mobic, and DarvocetN l00 prn, Lidocaine patches every 24-48 hours, Ambien 12.5 mg. for sleep. Any thoughts? Also, I use heat every night at bedtime. Thanks all, Phyllis
    [This Message was Edited on 10/29/2006]
  2. maedaze

maedaze New Member

Sounds like you are doing everything you can at the moment.
    I don't get this pain in my shoulder but i do get it in my right hip.. It gets so life restricting and is soooo painful... I demand xrays because THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG. But the xrays show nothing. Then the pain subsibes after a couple of months.

Where or why it goes Lord knows???? But it comes back every year???? Yep my doctor looked it up and every fall I get incredible pain in my right hip... So it's been put down to fibro... again....

Hope you get some answers to your pain and if it is fibro that it eases up soon. Heat, baths, pain pills, heat, heat did i mention heat.?????

Goodluck
    maedaze
  3. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Phyllis .. I also have this problem in the last few months .. but I am right handed .. so I'm sure you have it more seriously than I do because of that ..
    It hurts like the devil .. I haven't mentioned it to my doctor because I just accepted it as part of this fibro "package" .. but this is lasting so long that I think I will say something now .. perhaps it is arthritis ?
    Hope you find some comfort soon !
    Joy : )
  4. huska

huska New Member

MY PAIN STARTED IN MY RIGHT SHOULDER AND ARM. ALL THE TESTS I MADE SHOWED NOTHING. I WENT TO SEVERAL DRS. FOR 12 YEARS WITH NO SOLUTION. MASSAGE IN MY BACK HELPS THE PAIN. IT SEEMS THE PAIN IS COMING FROM MY BACK , BUT I KNOW I WOULD NEVER USE THIS ARM AGAIN 100%