Shoulders

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elbryan, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Elbryan

Elbryan New Member

I have just started doing Tae Bo which if done in a modified fashon seems to work well for building up stamina and strength. However, my shoulders are still feeling weak does anyone have some suggestions on how to build them up without killing myself?
  2. Elbryan

Elbryan New Member

I have just started doing Tae Bo which if done in a modified fashon seems to work well for building up stamina and strength. However, my shoulders are still feeling weak does anyone have some suggestions on how to build them up without killing myself?
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Weight training is such a good way to build strength so that when we do other exercises, we don't injure our muscles.

Love, Mikie
  4. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

elbryan....moderation...start gradually! I was a taekwondo instructor for years, before this dd, and still use my training to stretch and excercise. Mikie is correct about weight training, it will build strength, but please do not over do. Since you have just started this training, it is also possible that you are using muscles in your shoulder area, that are unaccustomed to the work you are asking of them. I would not begin the weight training, if this is a relatively new endeavor, but see how your shoulders are doing a while from now. Martial arts are a wonderful all over work out, as well as strengthening, improving coordination, and also limbering the practictioner--a good fitness tool.
    karen
  5. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I recently started working out...I pushed it and can't 'do" my arms at all now... funny how that works. advice: go slow....... and good luck!
  6. Elbryan

Elbryan New Member

Thanks for the information.