Show Me the Course

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by niece, Sep 5, 2009.

1. niece

niece New Member

Show Me the Course

Steer the ship of my life, good Lord, to your quiet harbour, where I can be safe from the storms of sin and conflict.

Show me the course I should take. Renew in me the gift of discernment, so that I can always see the right direction in which I should go.

And give me the strength and the courage to choose the right course, even when the sea is rough and the waves are high, knowing that through enduring hardship and danger in your name we shall find comfort and peace.

I got this in my inbox and I like it and wanted to share it with y'all.

2. soulight

soulight New Member

I like this ! There are many good points to remember. I especially like the way it is described as a quiet harbor from a storm .

Holly
  3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I like it too and I think it's really good.
  4. niece

niece New Member

glad that you both like this.......
    I to thought of being safe from the storm......
    This last year has been a storm for me....
    my daddy has been ill and in and out of the hospital all year long........
    He died Aug.17 at home like he wanted to but was in so much pain the last finale hours and I can't get them images out of my head........And when I read this I thought well now he is safe from the storms......
    I keep telling myself that he's ok he's ok now......

niece
  5. jole

jole Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, and can certainly understand what you're feeling. It was the same for me when my mother died of cancer. It took such a toll on her body, and I spent nearly every day with her the last few months. By the time she finally received her peace from this world, it was hard for me also to forget, or clear out, the final memories.

But time does erase those, and the day will come when you will see him smiling and happy again in your mind and heart. It's just another way to remind us that this world is not where our happiness lies.

I too like the post, and feel strongly that our God protects us from all storms...even when our faith is the weakest. His love never fails, and His plan is always perfect........Jole
  6. JimB51

JimB51 Member

Greeted by and in the arms of Jesus. No storms, just a calm glassy sea.
    "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord".
    He wants you to carry on and when your journey is over ... he will be there to greet you.

Jesus loves you niece, just as he is loving your Dad (and mine)

Jim
  7. niece

niece New Member

Yes Jole that's they way it was with my mama she died of cancer and was so frail before she died......

I didn't think I would make it through that but I did.....Daddy lived with me and dh for a year after mama died.....her final hours were bad also......

Daddy was very active the last few years but was bed bound since aug 08 and in and out of hospital a lot.......
    daddies last 4 days were bad....

and I hope that those memories fade soon and the nightmare and day mares go away.....

daddies death brought back the memories of mama's death so it's like I'm dealing with them both and I ant doing so good.....

But your words really helped me this morning even if the tears are flowing down my cheeks...

thanks you so much (hugs)

[This Message was Edited on 09/09/2009]
  8. niece

niece New Member

Tears rolling down my cheeks as I read your words.....
    "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord"

That made me feel so much better cause I keep telling myself that he is ok now no more pain and suffering.

Your words has meant a lot to me this morning Jim.
    I will be saying this over and over until I don't have dreams of his death.

Jesus is loving my Daddy and my Mama and they are safe in the arms of the Lord.

Thank you Jim (hugs)