Shower body soap

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sues1, Jan 9, 2006.

1. sues1

sues1 New Member

For quite a few years I used Neutrogena liquid soap in a pump bottle, non scented. I could not use their other types/odors.

It was wonderful as it did not dry out my skin and the shower walls did not get a build up of soap scum. My hubby liked it real well also. That is good because he did not offend me with a odor of any other soap.

The company stopped producing it some time ago. They just have the scented ones.

I have serched our store here on this site and I do not find anything to replace it. Does anyone have any ideas, or can you tell me what you use? Same with deodorant and all.

I do not want to use a bar type. I have contacted the Neutrogena company and they do not have plans to produce it again.

Any help appreciated. Susan
  2. Chilene

Chilene New Member

hi susan!

nice to "meet" you.

i use a brand called "Kiss My Face" pump soap. (mostly it is sold at health food stores like Whole Foods or Wild Oats... but check any health or vitamin store if you aren't near one of those. also, i just noticed you can buy it online).

there are quite a few types of the "Kiss My Face" pump soap... make sure you find the one that says "moisture soap" and "fragrance free" (at the bottom). Kiss My Face also makes a deodorant (active enzyme/fragrance free)... but i know there are other "fragrance free" brands of both pump soap and deodarant finally out at the healthy grocery stores/or health food stores. the pump soap officially does have a few flower extracts in it, but i am allergic to everything and have never smelled any flowers in it (or had any problem)!

good luck! let me know if you find it and like it!
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

DUH !!!!!!!!!
    I never considered checking at a health food store! Sort of hard to believe, to me, that I did not........but who thinks straight anymore??!

Well I will look at the others, but I do think I can resist "Kiss My Face"....if I find it. If not I will check on line for it.

Thanks Friend................Blessings...........Susan
  4. Chilene

Chilene New Member

if you go online, just Google "Kiss My Face"...

by the way, i love your photo very much (especially in black and white!);)

hugs.

helene
  5. sues1

sues1 New Member

Yes Doxy, I have tried the Bath and Beauty Store. I used for a while a clear liquid soap that they have. Most would want a scent added to it, and they will do whatever scent someone wants. But I was not as happy with it. But maybe someone else would.

Then I tried the Cocoa one in a tube. It got to be hard to get out as you showered and I felt I was wasting some of it. None of it is inexpensive (but I am sort of a cheap skate..LOL).

But (I forget who, but a couple of you I have to Thank), I will check out the health stores. I do not know why I have not before this. I have been in them for other things. I just do not browse like I used to, as I want to get off my feet! Blessings all..Susan
  6. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I really like the Aveeno line of products. I use Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash. It does have a natural scent, but it is very mild. I am very sensitive skin-wise and scent-wise and I have no problem with it. They have a number of different body washes, and I have liked all the ones I have tried. Unfortunately, the bottle is not a pump. It is just a flip top, but you could transfer it to a pump if you like it.

I also use Aveeno Ultra Calming foaming cleanser for my face. It is fragrance free. It is very gentle and doesn't leave my face dried out. That one is a pump.

Aveeno can be found in Wal-Mart or Target or just about anywhere.

Katy
  7. daylilyfan

daylilyfan New Member

I am allergic to soaps in general... but can use castile and glycerine and olive oil soaps.

I get liquid castile soap at the health food store. I'm at work or I would give you the brand name. I use it in the shower, and also for hair shampoo. The brand I get has a bottle with orange oil in it that makes a nice scent.

It can be a bit drying on my skin in the winter as a shower soap, so I like to use Burt's Bees lemon shower oil. I also use their orange oil face cleaner.

Burt's Bees products are wonderful.
  8. Toga

Toga Member

and when I found out, I tried everything. I now stick with Dove UNSCENTED soap or bodywash. They are both good.

The bodywash doesn't come in a pump, I don't think. But you could transfer it.

Good luck. Don't you just hate it when you find a product you really love and it is discontinued?!!! It has happened to me so many times.

Toga
  9. JLH

JLH New Member

I also use Dove liquid bath soap. In comes in a large "squirt" bottle.
  10. cats3

cats3 New Member

I use Dove Cool Moisture (cucumber & green tea) liquid soap.
  11. GBHope

GBHope New Member

hypo-allergenic and fragrance free.

GBHope
  12. mildred623

mildred623 New Member

Not sure about the soaps. But as for the deodorant, have you tried Almay hypo-allergenic deodorant? My husband has to use this one as anything else will break him out. It's sold at most drug stores, Wal-mart, etc. Make sure you get the one that says fragerance free. As some of them are scented.