Shower Seat and hand held shower head

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Andrew111, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

I have CFS and I'm thinking of getting a seat to sit on in the shower. From what I've read the all plastic ones are better (don't rust). I'd also like a hand-held shower head. I saw on at a friends house that has a pole where the showerhead can slide up and down, or taken off an used as a hand held. Not sure what it's called.

Any suggestions for shower seats and shower heads?
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

Hi Andrew -- I was really intrigued by the idea of what to call the shower head slide, so I went looking. Apart from the expensive ones that you would get if you were remodeling, I see that even Walmart (online) has a very inexpensive model! It's called the Pollonex Vertical Slide Bar Showerhead Set and is for about $48. It attached to your existing shower head (the top part of the bar) and uses a suction cup for the bottom part of the bar. A separate flexible water hose supplies the hand-held shower spray, which can also be positioned anywhere on the vertical bar. That's a good solution...and you wouldn't break the bank. So if Walmart offers it, you can probably find others in a similar price range.
  3. smhaws

smhaws New Member

I got a hand-held showerhead many years ago, before I got sick. Now it's one of the first things I buy when I move into a new house! In addition to helping with limited mobility, it also makes cleaning your shower/bath *so much easier*!

I think I got mine at Lowe's or Home Depot or similar place.