Shredded wheat diet is helping me to lose weight.........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by doxygirl, Feb 16, 2006.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I had a strange craving for shredded wheat cereal ( which has always been a favorite of mine) so I picked up a box last time I went shopping....................

I noticed on the front of the box it said lose 10 pounds by replacing 2 meals with shredded wheat and fruit !

Nothing else has been working for me so I thought why not try it........I have been doing it for a week now and I don't know how much weight I've lost but my pants are now loose on me.............a few months ago I couldn't even get into them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also noticed that my IBS ( especially ) constipation is much more controlled! I don't feel so clogged up or bloated all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cereal is post shredded wheat........if you buy it you cna get the web site and read further ........but I can't believe that it is working!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to share this with everyone! :)

Love
    Doxy
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

But I have not gotten it yet. I always had trouble with milk, but I figure I would use skim milk, that is okay.

When my children were small.....(before microwaves and such) I put on the tea kettle when I got up, I loved my cup of tea.....sometimes I would take shredded wheat and put it in their bowls........pour hot water over it and put a saucer on top, like a lid.

After a couple of minutes I would take and pour the water off and put the bowls in front of them. They already had glasses of milk on the table to pour on their cereal. Also a sugar bowl....

On cold days I also would make hot chocolate and toast to go with their hot shredded wheat. Nice treat!

I hope you try it and like it....HUGS Susan
    [This Message was Edited on 02/17/2006]
  3. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I do not like milk much either....in fact it sometimes gives me a tummy ache.....I eat it with skim milk and splenda and have had no adverse tummy problems at all!

I just feel better when my tummy is not always so bloated and puffy and this is definately working!

Hugs
    XO
    Doxy
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

hi doxy, i always was brough up on that and grapenut cearal....yummy.....

right now i have the consitpation problem...i'm not to worried about i have two enemas in my car waiting for 11:30 am..to get prep for my hinney test..i just hope i don't lose anything drive to go get my test...i'll bring some newspapers just in case to put ujder my seat....

maybe i will try the shredded wheat diet...with strawberries and blueberries...yummmy...

thanks for the tip...

jodie
  5. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Iam laughing so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newpapers under your seat! LOL You poor thing...I really hope you make it too!

Maybe you should take an extra change of clothing! :)

I hope that they figure out what the problem is and help you get it straightened out asap!

Please let me know as soon as you know ok!

The shredded wheat diet can also be done with raisin bran and all bran cereals! Plus I think some of the ones with sugar like " frosted shredded wheat"!

I haven't put fruit on my cereal yet......but Iam going to get some this weekend and see waht happens!

Love you
    Doxy
    p.s.
    I will be thinking of you and praying for you at 11:30 and all the rest of the day too! :)