Sick Again Why does it take so long to recover?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I started out with mild sore throat and more tired than usual, last Wednesday.

I stayed in bed for 2 days, because I had alot to do the following days.

I felt better last Friday, and went to watch Dennis Quaid filming in our town. It was a warm day 60's, but I probably shouldn't have been out.

Well, here it is Tuesday, and I still feel sick. No fever, just a little stuffy and very very tired.

I have SO much to do! Why does it take so long to get over these darn colds??

2. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

I think it's cause our bodies are already wore down. I know my immune system sucks right now. If a stranger walks by and they have a cold..I get it a few days later!! Just take the extra time your body needs. I know you have a lot to do. But your body is telling you to slow down for a bit.
    Cindy
  3. Catseye

Catseye Member

Here's a trick to get rid of a cold if you can catch it early enough. The first day you notice a sign of a cold (scratchy throat or post nasal drip or whatever) put some hydrogen peroxide in your ears. Do each ear for about 5 minutes or until the fizzing slows down. I haven't had a cold since I started doing this. I've knocked out 3 colds with it so far! karen