Sick and Tired of Feeling Sick and Tired

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ericdinbstn, Aug 18, 2008.

1. ericdinbstn

ericdinbstn New Member

Hi everyone-

I know I haven't posted in a while, but I just needed to rant a bit to people who understand. I have been in a flare for at least the last three weeks. I went on vacation at the end of June and felt fine, made sure to add plenty of rest into the day, all was good. I did more in the week I was in Seattle than I've done in the last six months at home in MA.

I get home, I'm still feeling ok. Then one day BAM I'm tired and can't shake it, I feel that low-grade lets say "icky" feeling in that I'm achey, tired, listless, not thinking straight, etc. It just pisses me off. My partner was away for the weekend, I greeted him when he got home by snoring and sleeping the ENTIRE day away. Today I got up and I feel like all I want to do is sleep. But, I have to push through work, I'll sleep later.

I'm just tired of it all. Like I said I know I'm ranting, and I apologize, but people who don't deal with this day in and day out just don't get it.

I'm going to Tufts Medical Center's "Center for Myofascial Pain and Fibromyalgia" it's part of their Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation department. I'm hoping this visit will be positive. I discovered them a few weeks ago. Dr. Joseph Hanak anyone know him. Apparently the staff are phsiatrists. So we'll see.

Any feedback on Doc would be appreciated. Oh and thanks for allowing me the vent time.

Eric
  2. hopeliveshere

hopeliveshere New Member

If you want to know what is going on with your body read the Science behind the Marshall Protocol....www.marshallprotocol.com
  3. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

Eric, sorry you are not feeling well - this awful weather we've been having here in Boston area is not helping!

Best of luck at Tufts!
  4. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

Eric
    Thanks for the ranting ! I was feeling the same way :( just trying to make it through work latly , sleep is all I want to do. having more bad days then good, they are so rare anymore, I do think the weather has a lot to do with it. I also have FM CFS and more. oh and 45 yrs ( wow )

Funny I also took vaction in June ,, was awesome had a great time did lots of hiking in the woods,, loved it very uplifting

Hang in there , One day at time

and thanks , I know I'm not the only one going through bad days..
    Prayers JoAnne

5. homesheba

homesheba New Member

i so understand!
    it does stink!
    you know i hate to sleep-
    its like i am literally sleeping my life away
    just to be able to go someplace the next day
    i will have to sleep the 'before and after' days
    to be able to do a 'normal human being 'thing!
    but then of course,
    i still may have to sleep 3 or more days after the little outing-
    just to be able to feel kinda okay.
    sigh.
    vent all you want-
    im just sorry you are also sick.
  6. JEANSKI

JEANSKI New Member

I've been going through a flare also. It never ceases to amaze me. I have been dealing with this for years and every time I have a flare it blows my mind how bad I can feel.

I am TRYING (unsuccessfully at the moment) to remember that it will get better in time. I think the weather has alot to do with it. I have also been dealing with stressors that I need to get a handle on.

So, until that happens I will endure and thank people like you for sharing. It's nice to know that I am not alone.

Let us know how your appt. goes. I will be anxious to know if there is any help out there for us!
  7. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

I'm sick of it too.

My support team is tired of me being this way too.

I'd give a rant but I'm to weak at the moment, so I'm enjoying yours.

kitteejo

8. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

being in a flare makes me scared that it won't get better. The week before my period is hell on earth and I lay in bed after work on the heating pad fearing that it won't ease up like I expect once I start. You get sick and tired of being afraid too.
  9. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Have you ever tried Emergen C? I have used it with good success in the past for that tired feeling. It has all the electrolytes etc and sometimes helps.

Another thing that helped me was using a supplement called Miracle Reds with a protein drink daily (with soy milk). I always believed many of our problems are linked to borderline vitamin deficiencies, etc. Miracle Reds is supposed to strengthen your immune system. It has acai, mangosteen, pomegranite juice, etc.

All I can say is after starting the drinks and supplement, I had more improvement than from anything. The protein drink I use is called Gold Standard but there are many excellent ones on the market. Gold Standard is supposed to be such a high quality a baby could drink it.

By the way, in addition to "Miracle Reds" they also have "Miracle Greens".

I do not sell these products but am just telling you because of the benefits I received personally. I have asked Prohealth to add these to their store.

Here is info from the web..

WHAT IS Miracle Reds®?

Miracle Reds® is an advanced, non-allergenic, nutrient-rich, blend of anti-aging antioxidants, polyphenols and heart-friendly plant sterols.

Miracle Reds® “wholefood” formula takes good health to heart and provides bio-absorbable vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, and healthy acidophilus cultures for those who prefer to get their nutrition from whole foods. It is the perfect source for alkalizing the body!

Frequently asked questions FAQ

For a list of Miracle Reds® ingredients, click here.

WHY Miracle Reds®?

Miracle Reds® works synergistically in your body. Its hand-selected Organic Fruit and Berry formula uses correct food combining know-how that ensures a non-allergenic, bio-available formula. Miracle Reds™ Super Antioxidants Goji, Pomegranate, Acai,and Mangosteen, provide the widest spectrum of naturally occurring nutrients available in a single source.

The benefits of using Miracle Reds® daily include key anti-oxidant compounds that help mop-up unstable free-radicals that damage healthy cells.

Changing the Future of Anti-Oxidants One-Free-Radical at a Time!

THE CREATORS

Nutrition, health and fitness expert Sylvia Ortiz and leading chiropractor Dr. Edward Wagner created Miracle Reds® and Macro Greens™ as comprehensive single-sourced nutritional supplements that provide nutrients, minerals, energy, and taste good.

A pioneer in the fitness industry, Sylvia had developed and introduced Rebound Exercise, an aerobics exercise program using a small, circular trampoline, in 1984. She is an internationally recognized expert in fitness and health and established standards used worldwide for Rebound Exercise training and instruction.

In 1996, Dr. Ed Wagner, a renowned chiropractic and holistic healer, was researching nutrition-based solutions to help create products that would offer his patients an easy way to achieve the nutritional balance they needed to compensate for negative effects of poor long term diets and unhealthy environments. He began to work with Ortiz and they soon formed a partnership that resulted in the creation of Macro Greens™ and Miracle Reds® .

As Miracle Reds® and Macro Greens™ have grown in success among consumers and retailers, Sylvia and Dr. Wagner have begun development of new MacroLife Naturals products.

THE BUSINESS

Miracle Reds® and Macro Greens™ are distributed by MacroLife Naturals, Inc. a leading health products company founded in 1984, and by Natures Best, Cabana Natural Foods, Select Nutrition, Threshold Enterprises, United Naturals East and West, and in Canada, by Christmas Distributors.

The agreements are the result of the continued growth of Miracle Reds® and Macro Greens™ sales which have increased more than 350%. Macro Greens™ was named the most successful product ever in retail sales over a five-week period at Whole Foods chain markets.

Miracle Reds® and Macro Greens™ are among the most popular whole food supplements sold at many supermarkets and specialty health food stores across the nation. The company recently announced a new distribution agreement that will further increase Miracle Reds® and Macro Greens™ retail sales nationwide, offering the popular product at literally thousands leading grocery and health food retailers.

The new distribution will increase both Miracle Reds® and Macro Greens™ presence throughout the Western and Central US and open new markets in the Northeast, offering the popular products at literally thousands of leading grocery and health food retailers.

For Miracle Reds® and Macro Greens™ sales information, click here.

ABOUT MACRO GREENS™ & Miracle Reds®

Miracle Reds® and Macro Greens™ are a non-allergenic nutrient-rich super food supplements that optimize pH for stimulant-free health.

The best tasting, best-selling supplements available, Miracle Reds® and Macro Greens™ surpass the nutrition of five servings of fruits and vegetables without the calories or carbohydrates.

Created in 1996 by nutrition, health and fitness expert Sylvia Ortiz and leading chiropractor Dr. Edward Wagner, Macro Greens™ and Miracle Reds® are distributed by MacroLife Naturals, Inc. a leading health products company founded in 1984,and are sold at leading retailers throughout the US. For more information, call 1(800)521-5867.

Frequently asked questions FAQ

SYLVIA ORTIZ
    BIOGRAPHY

Creator of the best selling nutritional supplements Miracle Reds® and Macro Greens™, Sylvia Ortiz is a nutrition and health expert, entrepreneur and renowned fitness guru who has dedicated her life to helping others live healthy lives.

A pioneer in the fitness industry, Sylvia had developed and introduced Rebound Exercise, an aerobics exercise program using a small, circular trampoline. In 1984, Sylvia founded Fit For You International, a fitness and health products company.

She is an internationally recognized expert in fitness and health and established standards used worldwide for Rebound Exercise training and instruction.

She developed and introduced the Miracle Belt and Probounder 2000 fitness products and soon became an internationally recognized expert in fitness and health while establishing the standards used worldwide for Rebound Exercise training and instruction through her Reboundology Seminars and top-selling Rebound Aerobics video series.

She also developed the Principles To Balanced Health program to fight illness and aging and focuses on increasing youthful energy through nutritional awareness and exercise.

DR. EDWARD WAGNER
    BIOGRAPHY

Co-creator of the best selling nutritional supplements Miracle Reds® and Macro Greens™ and a leading chiropractic and holistic healer, Dr. Edward Wagner shares with his partner Sylvia Ortiz a dedication to helping others live healthy lives.

Dr. Wagner began his career in healing and nutrition as a student of fitness giant Jack LaLanne, working at one of Southern California’s first health clubs in Torrance, CA. The club eventually became the first “Jack LaLanne’s European Health Spa”, the first of the hugely successful chain of spas that pioneered today’s health spa industry and fitness products market.

Wagner then opened and operated Wagner’s Health Food Market, a health food store in Venice CA, where he advanced his knowledge of nutrition and healing and continued to satisfy his appetite for helping people stay healthy.

After earning his chiropractic license in 1977, he closed Wagner’s Health Food Market and turned his energies towards treating patients and studying advanced principles of alternative health care.

Becoming an expert in natural remedies and their effects, composition and use, he opened “Lahaina Natural Foods” in Maui, HI in 1981 while continuing to grow his chiropractic healing practice there.

In 1996 he earned a post-graduate degree in Sports and Recreational Injuries, became a Board Certified Fellow in the Academy of Clinical Applied Spinal Biomedical Engineering and earned certification in Meridian Therapy and Biomechanics of Scoliosis and related treatments. By 1994, he had mastered the energetic chiropractic system of TBM, and was awarded TBM Doctor of the Year Award in 1992.

Building a comprehensive expertise in chiropractic and nutritional healing unmatched by his colleagues, he became certified in numerous chiropractic techniques, and building on his extensive study and passion for healing, created the treatment system he uses today.

In 1996, Wagner was researching nutrition-based solutions to complement his chiropractic healing practice. He wanted to create products that would offer his patients an easy way to achieve the nutritional balance they needed to compensate for negative effects of poor long term diets and unhealthy environments.

Working with leading fitness guru Sylvia Ortiz, Wagner helped create Miracle Reds® and Macro Greens™ , comprehensive single-source nutritional supplements that provide nutrients, minerals and energy and tastes good. Miracle Reds® and Macro Greens™ surpass the nutrition of five servings of fruits and vegetables without the calories or carbohydrates. Miracle Reds® and Macro Greens™ have become the best-selling whole food supplements in natural foods and supermarket retailers throughout the US.

As Miracle Reds® and Macro Greens™ have grown in success among consumers and retailers, Dr. Wagner has begun working with Sylvia to develop new MacroLife Naturals products.

Wagner’s current clients come from around the world to his Pacific Palisades, CA practice for his uniquely effective treatment system and remarkable healing talents.

From common colds to behavioral problems, Wagner’s unique talent for healing, breadth of expertise in research and medicine and his dedication to helping people live healthy lives finds the cures and solutions his patients need and so often can not find – usually after trying every other traditional medical practice without success.

[This Message was Edited on 08/21/2008]
  10. ericdinbstn

ericdinbstn New Member

I'm so sorry to hear that so many of you are in this boat with me. I am thankful that you all either appreciated or were supportive of my rant. I also appreciate the helpful information and the sharing of information (which I'm definitely looking into.

I had my appointment at Tufts, it was very helpful. The doctor gave me some very useful information, as well as trigger point injections (which have helped a bit), Baclofen, and Mobic (for the bursitis in the hips and in my knees), plus orders for a spinal x-ray (which he was shocked no one had ever ordered). I'm going to see him again this week for follow up. I think I finally found someone who will provide me with pain management not just pain medication. Here's hoping.

He also told me that aqua therapy, and perhaps physical therapy using laser light (anyone ever heard of this?)

This was a thank you, but I thought I'd update folks. I'm hoping the second appointment at Tufts will be as promising.

Thanks again,

Eric