Sick from cold weather? What can you do?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dani78xo, Oct 26, 2006.

1. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

Okay, so what can you do to fight off the added symptoms from the cold weather?

It's getting colder in MA, and I'm getting really sick from it. Taking two hour naps everyday, when I never take naps even with the FM and CFS unless I'm horribly sick with a fever of over 102.

I'm nauseated, tired, I get cramps for no reason at all and they last for HOURS. It hurts just to get up off of the couch.

Just wondering if there's anything you can do to eleviate or at least make the symptoms less severe?

Thanks a bunch, Danielle.
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

It's just MRDAD here! Sorry you are feeling so badly.
    Do ya have an electric blanket? They are great when ya
    feel ackey and cold. Even a heating pad is a help.

Have you been able to go to School? I ask out of concern
    if you have been tested for any ACTIVE viruses? See on
    you Bio. about Mono. Is there a chance it has been re-
    activated in your case? The high temp maybe an indication
    of an acive virus. Normally, what pain meds do you use
    and how long have you fealt this ill? Lots of questions
    hah? I'm Really concerned for you Dani.

Your friend,
    MRDAD
  3. Summit

Summit New Member

I get much achyier in cold weather , and then that makes me more tired (it's draining to be in pain for hours on end) I always wear tights or long johns to keep my legs warm (or my hips and knees get sooo bad) Hot bath does help too. I wonder about your nausia and cramps though. I think you may have the flu or something too. Maybe a doc visit is in order. Good luck hope you feel better
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I've also noticed more creaks and achiness since the weather has gotten colder here.

One thing I do is bathe with Epsom Salts. I poor a bath with the good smelling bath salts, Epsom Salts and a great deal of bubble bath.

Careful with the temp on the hot water. If you make it too hot, you'll feel drained afterwards.

I light candles and turn on some really good music.

It does help with some of the pain and if nothing else, I have a wonderful 45 minutes or so of pure relaxation.

Hugs,

Nancy B

PS...There used to be threads from Shirl I think that described a bath 'recipe' that used peroxide too. Maybe a search for it will help you find it.

I found it for you and bumped two threads that have information on it.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/27/2006]
  5. ultimategirl63

ultimategirl63 New Member

Hi Dani!!

I live in upstate NY not far from Mass. and I know what you are going throu as far as the coldness, if I go outside my whole body tenses from the cold. I have been feeling really run down lately and finaly went to see my Doc turns out I had a lingering infection from dental work
    done 1 month earlier!! I too had a very bad case of Mono 15 years ago that lasted for a year and because I was a little older when I got it doctors never suspected that I had mono they kept shrugging it off as the flu !! So needless to say I have Chronic Ebb-stein barr and very suseptable to infections. Go to your Doctor to make sure there is no live infection going on and yes I use a heating pad for comfort it helps me alot

(((Hugs))) Carolyn
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Still hoping you see that I've bumped the Epsom Salt bath threads for you...

Hugs,

Nancy B
  7. yodasmom

yodasmom New Member

Where in Mass are You.? I aminWakefiedl and feel horrid andwonder if there is flu going around even tho I get this every Sept I try goignout an just come right home the nausea is too bad.
  8. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

thank you all for your feedback; nice to know i'm not alone in this.

i'll have to try the epsom bath recipe. it sounds like it would really help (thanks brooksiemom for bumping the posts =])

and yodasmom, i'm in western mass, in the hampshire county area (northampton, easthampton, westhampton, etc.) my doctor says that the flu is starting to go around, and i think a few students at school are getting sick from it, makes me glad that i got my flu shot.

-danielle
  9. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I wish I knew the answer myself. Everytime we have a marine layer roll in off the ocean I am hurting like crazy.

I take Ultram and Tylenol Gel Caps - it works well for the pain.
  10. DeTell1

DeTell1 New Member

I thought I was the only one who had difficulty w/ the cold. Every winter my symptoms get soooo much worse & if it rains its really hellish. My body tenses up against the cold & my muscles start killing me. The pain drains me & sometimes makes me nausous. I'm not sure if the nausea is from the pain itself or from the extra meds I have to take to deal with the increased pain.

Other than stretching a lot & trying to make sure I dress warmly, eat regularly, & get plenty of sleep, I don't know what to tell you...