Sick of feeling dizzy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GBHope, Jan 15, 2006.

1. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I have this stupid virus and whenever my sinuses get screwed up, I feel dizzy and off-balance. I'm sick of feeling this way. Any of you have this problem?

GBHope
  2. sdjones03

sdjones03 New Member

Hey, sorry to hear about you problems with dizzyness.

I, too, suffered from dizzyness for about three years until I began to try Siberian Ginseng from Solaray.

I can't speak for the other ginsengs because they are all different. Some are strong and some are not so strong.

However, I noticed a profound effect when I was on this particular brand after about 1 month. Not only that, but, my energy increased and I didn't feel wasted as much.

Hope you feel better!

Sincerely,
    Sandra
  3. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I always get dizzy when I'm sick, but struggle with it daily. Hope it eases up soon.

GBHope
  4. KelB

KelB New Member

Have you tried taking travel sickness medication? It was recommended to me when I had vertigo, by an Ear, Nose and Throat consultant. It certainly helped alleviate the symptoms while I was waiting for the vertigo to wear off.
  5. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Antivert, valium, etc. Those things just don't work for me. I just have to work through it. It's been so bad since my hysterectomy. That really sent my body into chaos. I have gotten so much worse since that dumb surgery. Wish I wouldn't have done it sometimes, but I know the Lord will get me through this somehow. I have had problems with dizziness and balance since I was about 18 off and on and then pretty steady since 1995.

GBHope
  6. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

This is one of my main symptoms - I have CFS - and the dizziness and loss of balance is awful. I have it ALL the time. Klonopin helps somewhat, but when I am severely fatigued, I do notice it is worse.

We just found mold in my home and am looking into this as a possibility that this could be causing the dizziness, as well as the CFS. I will be posting at the end of the month with my lab results. Hopefully I will have some answers as to why the balance problems are so chronic.

Take care.

Jennifer
  7. GBHope

GBHope New Member

whether I'm around mold or not. I got a couch from my MIL that was in her basement and smelled moldy at first. It didn't actually get wet or anything, just absorbed the smell down there. It doesn't smell anymore unless you stick your nose right up to it, you might smell it a little bit, but still makes me nervous. Hope you get some answers busybusymom. I have never found a reason for my dizziness entirely. I just know that certain things aggravate it like you said, like being over tired or flaring or stuffy nose, etc. Mine is kind of a orthostatic/inner ear dizziness.

GBHope
  8. sdown

sdown New Member

For your sinus infections try glutathione nasal spray. My doc recommended it to me for nasal polyps. Got rid of the polyps. Doc said next time I get a cold or flu to get a prescription from him for glutathione nasal spray. Glutathione is the master of all antioxidants.
  9. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I've had this balance disorder for so long--although at times it goes away for a little while only to return. I've been fighting a virus since the holidays and lately my ears feels stuffed and I have this motion dizziness (sometimes with a queasy stomach). I have been diagnosed years ago with BBPV and was given corticosteroid nasal spray and Antivert which I am to use during the spell. And vestibular exercises (which I forget to do).

I was wondering if anyone else uses OTC Bonine and how long you can take it for vertigo? Any other home remedies?

Also, how long do you have these spells?

Tania
    [This Message was Edited on 01/16/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/16/2006]
  10. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

Just a FYI - I was told that if you DO NOT have an inner ear problem, vestibular exercises will not help. I would give those exercises a try, and if they do not help you, look for another reason for your dizziness. I'm still looking for an answer - hopefully it will come soon.

Jennifer
  11. tammis

tammis New Member

I too have the same problem,Went to a ent.After doing several tests,Everything turned out fine,He sent me for physical Therapy,Which did help some,Their are ways of moving your head and training your eyes to look at certain things differently,It really did help,But since Ive stopped going it still occurs,I must do my excersises when i feel it getting bad.I get Dizzy if Im tired too,But alot of times happens when Im standing in lines at stores,Can be from lighting believe it or not,It is scary but What do you do?I too have sinuses that get bad.Hope Ive helped some,Hang in there!
  12. GBHope

GBHope New Member

a few of us have the combination blood pressure/sinus dizziness and like a couple of you, I have had inner ear problems for years, it just exacerbated with this illness. It does get better though at times. Hard to live with, but could be worse.

GBHope
  13. danaDoo

danaDoo New Member

God how i hate the dizzy sometimes I totally loose my equliberum and can't walk at all. I believe this is due to my jaw tmj . I take meclazene when it gets real bad but, its bad to take this with other meds you can get to sleepy. Also sometimes I take 1 sutafed if i take 2 its too much for me .

Love,
    Dana
  14. kch64

kch64 New Member

I'm so sorry. i HATE when I get dizzy. Try acupuncture.

It can really help the sinuses. If there's on in your area, go now, don't wait. It doesn't hurt and you'll feel better afterward.

Kendra
  15. sportster

sportster New Member

I have this continuously for 2 years, have had the whole gammut of testing and nothing really showed up.. It is like a disequillibrium, or if I'm sitting here a rocking feeling, sometimes i think it comes from my neck, other times from my ears, and other times my eyes or all three combined. I know it is an awful feeling and like someone else said standing in a line in a store is bad for me, the lights, motion of people around and all set me off, it feels like I could fall over but never have. Its overstimulation of some sort, have done vestibular rehab with no improvement and jsut try to live with it, it feels like I am ready to stroke out sometimes and then the anxiety takes over. Xanax has helped me, I am up to o.5mg two times a day, if I didn't take it I couldn't function.
  16. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I know the feeling, and the rest of you too. Nothing helps much. You guys all take care too.

GBHope
  17. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Sportster describes it very well. I can only shop at little markets due to lights.I was doing OK this morning apart from leg pain, did a lot,worked a few hours, on feet a lot of the time, went shopping was doing fine till I started putting away groceries and wham dizzy maybe I just bent too much or just from being in a moving car then coming into diff temp of house. I wasn't even going to check the board I feel so out of whack. I absolutely hate it. Actually when I think of it is kicks in when I start to eat, as until I bit into a sandwich it really was not there except to the degree that light heady thing is always there with FM/CFS. I noticed when I sit down to eat. Maybe it is the eating???? or the sitting down from standing???? I will go on my shiatsu back massager that sometimes helps, strangely.Could be a nerve in the back. I had the virus that caused vertigo for five months but have had this since-my PT who is only 35 says he still gets dizzy from that viral vertigo five years later!
    Crom
  18. danaDoo

danaDoo New Member

you sound so much like me i would love to chat sometime about the tests i have had etc... aim name DanaDoo2

thanks
    Dana
  19. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

when my neck muscle get too tight.
    My physcial therapist said it decreases blood flow and irrtates nerves.
    She also said I could have tiny calcium deposits that break off and float around touvhing the nerves in the ears.
    I am suppose to look at my nose with my eyes several times a day, to get my brain and muscles working together.
    I have had it so bad I have to stay in the recliner with pillows on either side of my head to keep it still ( I did that for 6 wks!).
    I would rather hurt than be dizzy.
    My heart foes out to anyone with that problem.
    Claudia
  20. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

All the other pains put together. I can cope with pain, but the constant dizziness. It just impacts my whole being.

Mine started with a virus in June last year and is still going on. Not as severe but there most of the time in a milder form, yet just the pits.

I just went to great ENT. Here is his take.

Number one he ruled out it being positional.

Number two, he believes it is nerve damage to 5th cranial nerve, either small tumor or just swelling. This can also be in the neck.

There is a specific MRI they use to check that area of sinus/ear, temple.

He said that taking the meclazine just prolongs the duration as our body needs to learn to compensate itself, so only take meclazine when you absoltely must. Ditto for valium, though this is Ok at bedtime so you can sleep without the dizziness, helps sleep too.

I will be getting a lot of advice once he has checked my old MRI and may need to have this new one.

He did say that the only way is to have a specially trained neuroradiologist look at the MRI's as the regular guys miss the cause.

I will try and post when I get my follow throughs in a couple of weeks, but meanwhile, I really understand how you feel and send comrade-in suffering hugs. Oh I do find melting Vicks in boiling water and sniffing it up helps a little(towel over head) and also saline spray in nose. Just eases it a bit.

Love Anne C