Sick of hurting everyday.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Manwithfibro, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

I just feel beat today. I am so tired of fighting this illness. I have tried a ton of treatments and read a ton of stuff and the bottom line is that nothing really helps this disease that much. There must be something that becomes part of our DNA and causes this agony.

Went to soft adjusting chiropracter yesterday and everywhere he touches hurts like hell. All the damn attachment areas are what is inflamed. I have seen this guy for 12 years and he always says my muscles and ligaments feel more swollen than tight. I am stiff as hell though and
    cannot hardly bend over upon wakening. God forbid I hold my body in one spot too long. I was changing a pipe under our sink over the weekend and that sitting in one spot for 15 mins caused me to tighten up so bad that I had major pain in legs etc when I got up. Felt like someone hit me with a baseball bat.

Just feeling blue today. Really tired of living in so much pain.
  2. Mare-T

Mare-T New Member

I am to the point of begging for one day without pain...I was dx in January. I have gradually gotten worse from a year ago this time. I wake in the morning, after what I thought was a fairly restful sleep and I feel like I literally have been pulled through a knot hole. I find muself tensing up and not even realizing it, then I tell myself to relax and then about 10 minutes I'm all "tense" again. Anyone else find themselves tensing their muscles even while just sitting watching TV? Any position for more than 5 minutes kills me. I am just starting neurontin so I don't know how long it will be before I feel better....
    if I feel better...just give me one day...one day

mare
  3. AnnG

AnnG New Member

I felt like you do the last 2 weeks (this time). I broke down and cried in church. Do men ever get that release? Do you ever get to "let it all out"? How about gentle stretching? Someone recommended yoga to me but I haven't tried it yet. I know these are lame attempts at making you feel better but its all I have! Oh, I have started taking the Olive Leaf Extract pills for about a week now and I do feel better (I don't know why!). Is it sunny where you are? Go outside and have an iced tea and pretend we are all there with you toasting your courage at living with this pain-in-the-butt (literally) disease!
  4. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Just really hurting!!! I think the dampness (It is June Gloom time here) is killing me. During June Gloom, the marine layer hangs in over the coast and the humidity is 90-100% all day. It happens because the desert is hotter than hell and it sucks in the marine layer on the coast since the Ocean is still cold.

We have not seen sun in 2 weeks where I live. Maybe a drive inland will help. Dampness really nabs this stuff. I really do feel highly acidic like acid is all over my body.

Cannot figure out what to do though and I have literally tried umpteen billion treatments. I stretch all the time but never get loose.
  5. 101247

101247 New Member

Hello mate, my name is Alan,I'm long term sufferer too.
    I know only too well how this awful thing can drag you down
    but you mustn't let it beat you, there are many of us fybies
    out here who know what you're going through.
    Sometimes it feels like it 's ripping your soul out and you can't take any more,thats when i look around at what i have, my wife and kids and grandkids and it makes the daily struggle worth it,