Sick of taking so many pills, want to stop taking everything...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by halo52208, Apr 17, 2006.

1. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

I just feel like stoping all my med, I'm sick of taking them everyday. But I know they help me so I can't do that.

Has anyone ever stopped all pills to see how they felt not taking anything?

Just curious.

Halo
  2. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

them twice a day. I hate it and it costs a fortune in co-pays. It seems they give me a new one at least twice a yr. I dont remember what I used to be like. Alot of them are for my allergies and asthma and of course all of the pain and muscle relaxers too. I cant help you.

Suzette
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Halo:
    Before I found my presesnt doctor I had stopped any med I was on. Big mistake: could hardly function. I wouldn't advise it.

nyrofan
  4. mom4three

mom4three New Member

I feel the same way you do..

Sometimes when I go to the pharmacy and spend my 120. I want to give it back and say forget it I don't want it!!

But I tried weaning off some of my meds just recently and I thought I was going to die of pain.

Hugs to you in this horrible moment your in...

lets pretend to walk down to the creek with a big pain gun and set up our rx bottles all in a big long row and fire at em...lol

Tracy

5. Denamay

Denamay New Member

I to felt like I was taking too many meds. I stopped taking my Wellbutrin for depression, I was doing well in that area and had been for quite some time.

I accidently left my Wellbutrin at home one week end.

When I came home I thought " so far so good" I stopped cold turkey with no adverse effects.

I felt fine for about 3 months, then look out!!! bad mood, anger, could not deal with the fibro pain, went to bed because I felt awfull, withdrew from friends and family and had suicidal ideations.

So, back to square one, I hope I have learned my lesson this time. Take it easy. Denamay
  6. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

halo please dont stop taking your meds because its very dangerous i did it years ago & i was really really ill.
    I was sweating,shivering i was also in crippling pain & i had very nasty stomach cramps & the nausea was terrible.
    I like you was so sick of taking so many pills i stopped taking them all.
    Big mistake on my part i was so scared.
    As soon as i started taking them again i was fine.
    please listen to me halo it was no fun believe you me i shouldnt have done it but i learned my lesson big time.
    I have about 40 illnesses altogether & i take 36 pills a day theyre for numerous illnesses.
    I feel really really tired sick & im in crippling pain 24/7 without my pills i would have to have hospital treatment.
    Go to your doctor explain how you feel he will discuss your options with you.
    Very gentle hugs to you (((((((((( take care & may god bless you & yours.
    Remember you always have a friend in me we are all here for each other so welcome to my fibro family.
    fibrolady37

7. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

Don't worry I'm not going to quit taking them. I know they work because I've tried going without my Mobic and cymbalta before(not at the same time) and saw that I need them. It did make me happier knowing that they were helping my body.

Nancy- I like the idea of shooting all the bottles.lol I just might do that, now that you brought that up. But instead of pretend we cam actually do it.

I will save all my empty bottles, then shoot them with my sons BB gun. If anyone tries this make sure it's in a safe area.

All of you have been so sweet and caring. It's nice to know people who can understand me. Sometimes you guys can even read between the lines and help beyond what is asked. I just want you all to know that I am here for you too.

Love, Teri
  8. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

I have been tapering off Zoloft lately, slowly. There is a website called www.theroadback.org/workbook.htm. It is very good and tells you exactly how to do it. Don't do it suddenly though. Marie