SIDE EFFECTS LEXAPRO BODY ACHES

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LADYBUG7, Dec 14, 2002.

1. LADYBUG7

LADYBUG7 New Member

I have been taking Lexapro for 3-4 weeks. It has really helped with my depression BUT I feel tired all day and my arms ache most of the day. I also sweat more.

Has anyone experienced similar problems.
    I welcome all info on this drug. I've tried many of them already!
  2. LADYBUG7

LADYBUG7 New Member

I have been taking Lexapro for 3-4 weeks. It has really helped with my depression BUT I feel tired all day and my arms ache most of the day. I also sweat more.

Has anyone experienced similar problems.
    I welcome all info on this drug. I've tried many of them already!
  3. mermaid

mermaid New Member

Dear ladybug,
    I have also been on Lexapro for three weeks. I started at at 5 mg., half the usual dose, because of my sensitivity to meds. It made me very tired and lethargic, though I did see some help with depression. Also had racing thoughts, mostly in the morning as I was waking. Now my doctor has cut the 5 mg dose in half to see if the lethargy goes away. Of course, it doesn't help with depression as much, so it may be back to the drawing board. I have a lot of pain usually, so I don't know if Lexapro has made it worse. I'll have to pay more attention.
    Good luck. Trying to get the right meds can be "trying"!
    Mermaid
  4. garlinbarb

garlinbarb New Member

I've been taking Lexapro for about two months and haven't noticed any ill affects.I do feel less depressed and sleep better too.
    What time of day do you take it? My doc told me to take mine at dinner time to avoid side affects. Hopefully if you change the time of day you take it, you'll feel better and be able to continue taking it, since it helps.

Best of luck, Barb
  5. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

It is on my list to discuss with my doc on Monday this coming, I was going to ask about switching from zoloft because I have heard that it does not cause the disinterst in sex, my hubby is on zoloft now too and it has realy made a huge differnce in his life for the better but between the two of us with my genital herpes outbreaks and recurrent yeast infections and lack of desire, lack of lubrication and just general discomfort with sex and now his zoloft and subsequent lack of desire and difficulty having an orgasm (I have given up on the orgasm thing for me) we hardly have a sex life at all now, maybe once a mo it is looking like is the pattern we are getting into. The last time we made love was our anniv which was Dec 1, I could live without it he could now too so maybe we will become one of those sexless couples but I thought switching to lexapro for both of us might help. I have not been able to get confirmation on this board from anyone taking lexapro on the sexual side effects vs zoloft????

I am sorry about your pain increase, hopefully it is not the lexapro as it sounds like it helpw with depression, it is a big problem I know with these fibro & cf issues.

Jaci
  6. RachelLeah

RachelLeah New Member

Hello. I've been taking Lexapro 10 mg since Oct. 4th. I take it at night and for the first 2 months it made me very tired during the day. I never noticed it helping my depression but after 6 weeks I did have a decrease in appetite. I never noticed any new aches.

jacibart- My fiance and I both noticed that I do have sexual side effects.

My doctor took me off Lexapro yesterday because I started having terrible mood swings for the past 2 weeks. The tiniest things would make me start crying uncontrollably. It was just awful. I feel like I can't control myself.

So, it's back to the drawing board for me. I just can't find the right combination to give me a half way normal life. My FMS is getting worse as the months go by.

I hope the Lexapro is working well for those who are taking it and I hope none of you have the problems I had.

Rachel