Signing resination from job paper????Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Since I cant go back to work and am going on long term disability, my employer told me they were sending paperwork to me plus a resination from my job paper to fill out. Is this normal? I dont want to get screwed over.
    Carlacat
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Since I cant go back to work and am going on long term disability, my employer told me they were sending paperwork to me plus a resination from my job paper to fill out. Is this normal? I dont want to get screwed over.
    Carlacat
  3. dojomo

dojomo New Member

a medical leave of absence first....before I signed those papers....Gives you time to organize your future ......Sometimes resignations relieve them from many responsilbilites...like insurance coverage.

I think you have 6 weeks under the the medical leaves act to make a decision to terminate employment....

Talk to a lawyer first...Just my opinion......DJ
  4. lavender_butterfly

lavender_butterfly New Member

to me!! I wouldn't sign anything until speaking with a lawyer. Call around and see if you can find a lawyer who will do pro bono work. As far as I understand, all lawyers are required to do a number of pro bono hours while they are in practice. You should be able to find someone to help you out for low or no cost.

Good luck!