siicone breast implants and fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by azstitcher, Aug 16, 2005.

1. azstitcher

azstitcher New Member

I have had my silicone breast implants for 15 yaers. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 1997 but I may have had my symptoms a few years earlier.
    Has ANYONE out there had the same problem? HELLLPPP!

azstitcher
  2. browneyelady48

browneyelady48 New Member

I had never been sick a day in my life until I got silicone breast implants. This is a subject that I could write all day long about, but I have tried to put it all behind me.

Before my implants I was very active with my family and had a great career that I truly loved.

I got the implants in 1985 and started having problems not long after that, just tried not to think about it.

Then in 1993 I honestly thought I would die before anybody could find out what was wrong with me. I saw a total of 22 Dr. The Mayo clinic was diagnose me with m.s. Another Dr said lupus because of positive Ana. 1993 was a nightmare for me.

I was very fortunate to get in to see a neurologist at Baylor University in Huston, Tx. that knew what was wrong with me.

I spent 3 weeks in the hospital there and had them removed, and was on home health care for 8 weeks. After having them removed it toke 2 years to get better.

But the damage from the silicone was already done.

I don't mean to scare you with all this, just want to help you in any way that I can.

Now that the lawsuits are over more and more Dr also will tell you that yes they make you sick.

If I can help in anyway I will be glad to help
    Love Brenda

You can do a search on breast implants it has been brought up several times[This Message was Edited on 08/16/2005]