SILK film

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosiebud, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Anyone seen Silk - about a guy who goes to China / Japan in the 1800s to bring back silk worm eggs.

It looks good but it has Keira Knightley in it and I dont really rate her.

2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

(This icon must be a silkworm.)

I've heard of it, but haven't seen it.

Isn't the guy supposed to be a French silkworm trader whose village has run out of silkworms? Does he fall in love with an Asian woman, a la Madame Butterfly? My question is, what does a French village need silkworms for?

By the way, Rosie, I'm expecting Trainspotting to arrive tomorrow from Netflix.
  3. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

but Trainspotting was an amazing movie. It's got a lot of disturbing scenes though but I'm sure you know that. I thought it was really well done. It definitely takes you for a ride!

4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

you know more about it than me - silly me I thought it was an American going to far east - why would they want silk worms anywhere - they exported silk back then. Anyway I liked the look of it - visually wonderful looking. Keira Knightley acts like a lump of wood though.

I'm glad you're getting Train Spotting, I hope it has sub titles - it's a cult film over here and the film score is really good too.

Like Tee says it has a lot of disturbing parts - there really are people like that here - especially 'heid bangers' like Begby (Robert Carlysle) - 'head bangers' an out and out psychopath.

Let me know how you like it.

[This Message was Edited on 03/28/2008]
  5. GigglePoet

GigglePoet New Member

Hey there Rosie,
    We meet again. Just watched this one last night. Well sure don't rate it up there real high. I was dissapointed when I saw the leading actor was one of the young people who has the one of lead rolls in the movie " Funny Games" which is out in the theater so that kind of ruined it for me. Keira knightley doesn't play a big roll in it. There is nudity in it for sure, mostly the female body. I will take " Becoming Jane over it anyday Was interesting to see a wee bit of the silk worms as I have alway's wondered how silk was made.

Let me know what you think.

~ Cheers..GigglePoet