Silky Sexy Summertime Legs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pooped, Jun 13, 2003.

1. pooped

pooped New Member

HI,

Shaving! What a pain it is! So difficult with this DD. I remember when I was a young girl, my mother bought me my first electric razor. I bought another when I was a grown woman and never really cared for them. I always thought a regular razor did a nicer shave and much closer, but it is so difficult to shave when you hurt so much. It's hard to hold those gams in the air and get all those hidden little spots in positions we just can't contort our bodies into anymore. Well I went out and bought another electric razor yesterday and I have to tell you I am thrilled! They have come such a long way since I was a young woman. They shave every bit as close as a regular razor and what's more important, I can stretch out on the bed or couch or even on the floor and not really have to support my leg in mid air while I take a dangerous weapon to my legs! So, so, so much easier! The electric razor I bought is a Remington model WDF-5000C and I absolutely love it. It cost around $40.00 but when you consider the cost of your disposable razors and the fact that this one will last much longer, it is a good bargain, especially if it makes our lives easier.
    Just wanted to share a helpful tip with all of you.
    Love, POOPED
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Is this razor also good for underarms? I do not have hair on the legs, never did have much but now I have none, but still have a few 'strands' under the arms.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is often a sign that all is not well with the body's endocrine system. My Mother lost most of her body hair, I am starting to lose mine, and one daughter never had even one hair under her armpits. I took her to an endocrinologist when she was a teen, but all her tests came back neg. That was before we knew we all have FMS.

BTW, I use an epilator. They have come a long way since the early days of the Epilady. The Emjoi unit I use is almost painless. Of course, I've been doing this for years and one builds up resistance to the pain. Also, I am very fair skinned and my hair is fine and blond. It comes out easily. I even use it for my underarm areas and my bikini line. If things keep going as they are, I may not have to use it at all.

Love, Mikie
  4. pooped

pooped New Member

I also use the electric razor on the underarm area and so far it has left no rash or irritation. MIKIE, YOUCH! I can't imagine using one of those epliady thingys on the bikini line. OWWWWY!!!!! You are a brave woman. Want to see a man wince? LOL Have a great summer.

POOPED
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Now, another question; Where did you buy it???? I am not big on running to all stores, so would appreciate the store that carries them!

Again, thanks.................

Shalom, Shirl

PS. MIke, I have lost all my body hair too, never had much to start with. But I still have those few strands under the arms, but lady, I could not do what you do! Yike's!
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've been doing it for so long that I don't feel the pain, my hair is so fine and silky, and it comes out easily. The new epilators are really nothing like the old Epilady. The fact that I have a very high pain tolerance doesn't hurt either.

Love, Mikie
  7. pooped

pooped New Member

I bought my particular razor at a store here in Michigan called Meijers. I am sure any of the stores like Wall Mart or Walgreens, any of your dept. stores would carry Remington Electric Razors. Happy Shaving!!! (OR ELECTRIC PLUCKING!) lol

Love, POOPED