Silly me a senior moment...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alaska3355, May 10, 2006.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

The other day I took my twin boys to the eye doctor. While I was there, I needed to make a phone call and the receptionist pointed to one I could use. I picked up the receiver and dialed but nothing. I tried again. Then I looked down and saw I was trying to dial on the calculator next to the phone! I felt really stupid. I glanced over to see if the receptionist had seen me, but she hadn't. Whew! Anybody else have a senior moment they would like to share?
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I think we have all been there and felt really silly at times. I recently went to a gas station I don't go to very often to pump my own gas. I wasn't able to get the pump to clear so I could pump my gas. I went in and told the cashier I was having a problem. She said it was ready for me to pump. I went back out and still it didn't work. In frustration, I backed my car to another pump and this one didn't work either. I went back in and asked the cashier to be sure to clear the first pump (I had used a credit card). She said she had. I went back out and the second pump still wouldn't work. The cashier then came out and pushed up the lever (not sure what it's called) and this cleared the pump so it was ready to pump my gas. I felt so silly.

Not all gas stations have pumps like this one, but many do and I have used them lots of times. It was not one of my better days. Of course the cashier probably doesn't know about FMS and our "brain fog" moments. I told my husband that I don't think I will go to that gas station for awhile. The cashier must have thought I was an "air head"!

A few days later our credit card company called and left a message on our machine. They were checking to see if someone had tried to use our card illegally. I tried to call them back, but got a strange message so I finally gave up. I left the message by the phone and went to take a nap. When my husband came home, he saw the message and called them and explained it was me having trouble with the gas pumps!

When I got up from my nap, my husband said that the reason I couldn't call the credit card company is that I had written down the phone number wrong! I give my husband a lot of entertainment. He is always teasing me about my brain fog!

Ellen
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

asked for a friend's phone number. So I wrote it down and gave it to him.

"Um, Dad? This is YOUR phone number."
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

5. bluebird77

bluebird77 New Member

When I'm having a really bad "fibrofog" day, I don't want to go any where b/c I know I'm going to do something crazy. Last time it happened, I was shopping at Old Navy , bought about $80.00 worth of clothes and went to another store. When I got to my car, I realized I had laid my new purchase down and retraced my steps, of course they were gone. On days like this I can't remember which side my gas tank is on, I know I've drove around three or four times to get to the right side, how embarrasing!
    April
  6. Denamay

Denamay New Member

I am a senior and have those moments too. Did the same thing at the gas pump not long ago. Now that I am a great grandmothe I am getting the different generations mixed up. They are all young kids to me, so I call grandchildren by their parents name and other goofy things. Love Denamay
  7. thirkmom

thirkmom New Member

I answer the TV remote and try to change channels with the phone. Happens all the time. You'd think I'd get the hang of it huh? LuAnn
  8. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I felt so stupid one day when I was at the gas station and I did the a same thing as some of you on not lifting the lever.

I guess the worst thing I can think of is putting something in the microwave that went in the fridge.

Also I am really bad about leaving burners or the oven on.

Have had many times I have washed a load of laundry and forgot about them for a couple of days.

It's a good thing that we have to wash clothes every few days.

The worst time was on saturday night when I had to go to the e.r. and they admittd me and I had forgotten that I had put a load in the washer and I guess it was monday when my hubby found them and he was joking with me about it.

Pamela
    [This Message was Edited on 05/11/2006]