Silly silly me...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by leokat, Sep 25, 2003.

1. leokat

leokat New Member

Last June I was told that my claim for the mobility component of Disabled Living Allowance had been disallowed. Ever since I have been getting myself into a proper lather wondering why. This has had a very negative effect on my health (thus I have hardly posted here these last few months).

Well a couple of days ago I received a written explanation for the decision. How stupid can a person be? I told them I can walk 200 metres in five minutes on level ground without experiencing pain or severe discomfort!!!!!!!!!!

What I had meant to say is that I can walk a maximum of 200 metres but need to rest every five minutes. Also, I totally forgot to mention that walking inevitably causes me pain and fatigue to a degree that I have to rest lying down for between several hours and a day or more. Indeed as I am in constant pain I cannot do *anything* without pain or severe discomfort!!!!How could I have been so idiotic?????

I've written back to them tryimg to explain and to tell them that I become confused (I was especially so at the time) but how does one explain brain fog? I really don't expect them to believe me so I guess that's it. I know I can make a new claim but I can't help feeling that:

a) I can't afford to have lost three months benefits.

and b) that the DLA will somehow 'have my cards marked' as someone who's trying it on with them'.

Oh well I'm glad to have gotten my frustration off my chest anyhow. Oh and I just thought - the DLA must be deriving some pleasure from the thought that it's not always their fault when things go wrong with decisions.

2. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

HI LEOCAT
    I am sorry to hear you lost your mobility and I am not sure how long you have to wait to re-apply for it.I do know that you should never fiil your form in by yourself!!!!ALWAYS get help from c.a.b. or disability places or support group.Go to ask jeeves and type DLA in and find loads of info on there about it and about appeals etc.
    Good luck!!1
    RENA UK
  3. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

BUMPING FOR LEOCAT!!!
    ANY MORE HELP HERE FROM UK ER'S? HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER LEOCAT

RENA UK
    [This Message was Edited on 09/26/2003]