Silly things you have done lately

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JPach007, Nov 9, 2005.

1. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

Here's a good laugh for everyone!
    Yesterday at work, I could tell a flare was coming.. I was prepping a cat for a routine spay, and instead of putting the metal container with the scrubbing solution back on the coffee warmer (keeps the prepping solution warm), I put the plastic bottle of Iodine on the coffee warmer! My boss looked at me as if I had lost my mind! I just said, "oopps..that doesnt go there now does it?!"
    What silly things have you done lately?
  2. patches25

patches25 New Member

When getting ready to go shopping, I put bathroom spray on my hair instead of hair spray. E.
  3. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I find it really embarrassing (well not in front of family, I just laugh then) because I always had a good vocabulary.

Things I have said lately: smell instead of spill, convince instead of confess, confirmation instead of configuration.

Those things don't seem really silly to me, but I guess I need to work on my sense of humor. Better to laugh than cry.

Last month, I called everyone to remind them about a meeting that night, and then I was the one that forgot to go to the meeting. That really made me feel dumb.

I really need to lighten up, the ones you all (yes I am southern) listed made me giggle. Is it only funny when it happens to someone else?
    [This Message was Edited on 11/09/2005]
  4. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Attempted to get in my van without opening the door all the way...

Ya know how when you open a car door it goes only so far (like 1/2 open), then you must force it to open all the way...WELL, I sometimes forget to continue opening before my brain tells my body to get in...

I did it once and ended up with the top point of the door denting my forehead...UUUGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

Laugh and the world laughs with you, Cry and you look like a bigger fool...hahahaha
  5. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I put marshmellows in the silverwear draw,socks in the trash can,something else weird I just can't remember.
  6. islandgirl2

islandgirl2 New Member

I sell ads for a paper in addition to my own little floundering store.....well, I had just talked with a new advertiser and walked to my car outside their resaurant to get something for them....I used the automatic "key" to open the door but it didn't work..then I tried the key manually and it didn't work.....I honestly stood there looking at the car wondering what do I do now? It wasn't even my car...just another black one...but I must have tried for five full minutes before I went around to the other side.....and saw my real car. When I went into the restaurant again the owner said she wondered what I was doing..even she knew it wasn't my car! This is my life on a daily basis....thankfully I know you can all relate. : )
  7. MerrimackRiver

MerrimackRiver New Member

Went to the tailors today to have my sleeves on a jacket shortened. I had already had it done a few months ago. Now I really felt stupid!!!!!

[This Message was Edited on 11/09/2005]
  8. chopindog

chopindog New Member

I know I have done some silly things, but with the brain fog I can't remember them! Heres something funny my mom did recently. She got up in the morning to make her coffee and toast. So she gets the grounds put in and stuff and then realizes about halfway through that she was pouring the water into the toaster instead of the coffee maker. Lukily she was not electracuted. It was so funny!! Joy
  9. Cycie

Cycie New Member

I had recently took my car to get a price on a replacement muffler, at the time I couldn't afford to get it.
    So when I had the money I rocked up , drove into the workshop, in readiness for him to just drive it onto the hoist, the guy was on the phone and looking at me funny like, anyway he came out of the office and ssaid can I help you and I passed him the card with the quote written it and said can you do this for me now please.
    He grinned (still lookin at me strange) and said yes I can do it for you, but thats not me, this bloke is 2 doors down.
    Well me feel like a FOOL.
    But he done the job for the same price and all is well
    heheheheheh

Take care, Big hugs to all
    Cycie
  10. katykat24

katykat24 New Member

i told one of my roommates i was going to bed (we were in the kitchen)...and then i just went in circles in the same spot and went 'what am i doing again?'
  11. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I wrote a poem about my boogers.
  12. Sachmo

Sachmo New Member

I started to put the laundry in the closet. I couldn't find the start button. I was glad I was home and only the dog was looking at me. He looked embarrassed for both of us LOL
  13. silky17

silky17 New Member

I was at Big Lots with my grandson and I opened his door shut it. (he is not yet 3). I had bought him a little bulldozer and had to get it out of the package before we left the parking lot. I handed him his bulldozer, buckled my seat belt and started backing out. My little boy says "Grammy you didn't butten me in" I thought well that truck doesn't plug in. Then it hit me! I forget to put his seatbelt on in the carseat. I then thanked him so much for reminding Grammy to do it. He is sooooo smart. And then.......

I came home and made corn tacos. I went over it three times in my head the ingredients. I was waiting for my daughter to get home so we could eat. She comes in and starts stirring the taco mixture. She says mom? Where's the corn? Hence........"Corn Tacos". I said ah ohh Can you drive to the store and get some? We ate the last can last night. So off she went. I thought to myself How could I forget the corn? But I do laugh at myself.

You know what my nickname was at work before I stopped working? It was "Dorie" you know the fish on Nemo. If you have never seen it, Ellen plays the forgetfull fish Dorie.

And it just keeps getting worse. Oh , one more thing I did the same night. I went to Walgreens and picked up my Ambien and walked out to the car and my daughters flashers were going off. Man what kind of hole have I been in , not to see four lights going off all the way around her car.

Geezeeeeeeeee,
    Debbie :)
  14. Gernmeinschatz

Gernmeinschatz New Member

Yesterday I put my plastic container of apple juice under the kitchen sink (right next to the Lysol container of similar appearance) instead of in the fridge. Next day I just about cleaned my toilet with apple juice.....
  15. cindymindy

cindymindy New Member

I always get names messed up. I was talking to my daughter and I said something about my son and his wife, Josh and Ashley. My daughter kept laughing and asked me to repeat it several times. I was saying Joshley and Ash!
    Also knew a couple, Gary and Sue. They became Sary and Gue!
    I'm great at trying to get in the wrong car. They don't even have to look like mine!
    Phone in the fridge, lots of things that don't belong in the fridge end up there.
    I will be driving somewhere and miss the turn. I tell people that are silly to ride with me that next time they should let me keep driving and see how long it takes me to notice what I've done!
    Theres lots more but I can't remember them right now.
    cindy
  16. zoose

zoose New Member

I have done the same I just can't remember any good ones right now.
    I often can't remember my destination when I am driving. I mangle words. I have only tried to enter someone else car once. It looked just like mine and the key even fit. I was just about to open the door when my son asked me what I was doing. I have tried to put coffee in the coffee maker without any filter in it. I put coffee in my cereal once instead of milk. The list goes on.
    zoose
  17. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I have the dogs the cat's food and gave the cats the dog's food.

It's bad enough when people give you that "What are you, stupid?" look, but to get it from animals... Geez.
    Tigger
  18. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

She needed to take her dog (she has two whippets) to the vet for a recheck on a tooth extraction...anyway, she took the wrong dog! My dad said, "At least she didn't take the cat!" I loved that one.
  19. beth0818

beth0818 New Member

I constantly try to make a phone call withour pushing the button that turns the phone on.......
    this morning i went to enter some data on my computer and ended up sitting at my desk just staring at the paper and my brain hurt like it was just too hard to read.
  20. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Ocassionally I'll try to dial the phone only to find out it's the TV remote control.

The other night I left the juice on the counter and put the cashews in the fridge.

Tigger