since steroid injections worst flare I`ve had in months

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Felce, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Felce

Felce New Member

I started receiving steroid injections directly into the herniated dics in my neck and low back. You are completly put under for this procedure. After the second treatment aprox. 24 hours later I got a flare up from the fibromyalgia that is worse then anything I can remember and I`ve had this DD 14 years.This flare has lasted nearly 3 weeks now and medication won`t even touch this pain. Has anyone had this same experience? I have never had pain this bad where pain meds make no difference. The Lord will bring me through this, I go in at 6am tomorrow for another procedure and I`m afarid the pain will even get worse. Any feedback would be appreciated. Sincerely, Felce
  2. landrews

landrews New Member

In my shoulder and back done in my dr.s office, by the next morn my pain had doubled. When I called he just said for some reason that after 24 hours the pain got worse before it got better. Well, I've had these shots 3 times now and they aren't working for me. In fact I think they make my pain last longer. Hope your next shots help you.