Since the start of cold weather...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by steach, Oct 17, 2009.

1. steach

steach Member

Hi Friends-
    Since the start of cold weather again, is anyone statring to hurt badly throughout body?

Before the start of this cold weather, I was moving around okay but slowly with more fatigue than pain. Now, the pain is starting to flare-up again. Uuugghhh.

I want to find a lamp with a genie and ask for TWO wishes: no fatigue and no pain!

2. SwatWife525

SwatWife525 New Member

has made me horrible
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

The summer wasn't horrible for pain, but as soon as Oct hit, wham, the pain is intense

I forget every year how bad it can be
  4. SBear

SBear Member

Here it turned very cold very suddenly and it did all kinds of fibro things, none of them very good. This summer was cold and rainy, and then suddenly this October we had 20 degree mornings and autumn winds. I'm just rolling with the punches and doing what I can. I did a lot of lying around, trying to get up and getting dizzy, getting muscle pain stabs, getting joint pain, getting pain in the bones of my skull, taking hot showers, using hot water bottles, taking an extra dose of arthritis medication. You know the drill. It feels like getting hit by a truck, going through the day after having a baby, and then getting eaten by a bear. I'll be better once the cold weather has been here for a while and that vicious fall wind stops blowing!
  5. hensue

hensue New Member

I cannot imagine living in real cold with fibro it would be really bad to me. A lot worse than where I live. We have fronts and cold but nothing like up north anywhere up above me really.
    Stay warm
  6. Empower

Empower New Member

I laughed at your description of FMS

I describe it as running a Marathon 2 days in a row, and then spending the rest of time at Disney World for 12 hours each day
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

I just replied to the same comment by another person! We must all hate this cold weather!

I always hurt more when the cold weather starts ... by bones and joints aren't used to it, I guess, because I always feel worse when the cold weather season begins.

This is the time of year when I really use my heating pad a lot! It really helps me. Moist heat is better for you than dry heat.