SINCE YOU HAVE HAD FIBRO HAVE YOU FOUND

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CATLADY912, Mar 12, 2003.

1. CATLADY912

CATLADY912 New Member

THAT WHEN YOU GET A MODERATE CUT OR SCRATCH, OR A RASH THAT IT TAKES LONGER TO HEAL?????. I CUT MY TOE ON MONDAY AND IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IT WANTS TO HEAL. HAVE ANY OF YOU HAD THIS HAPPENED TO YOU?????. THIS CONCERNS ME.

CHEERS FOR A PAINFUL DAY AND NIGHT
    JANICE
  2. MelanieThebirdlover

MelanieThebirdlover New Member

Yes, I do take longer to heal with everything!! A 24 hour bug , is nerver 24 hours!! Takes 2 weeks for me to recover, and then God forbid, a relapse usually will occur. I feel like I have the flu 24/7 anyways....But I use neosporin(sp) that really does help with the cuts/scrapes/and burns. I heal way faster when I use this ointment. Hope you feel better soon, take care and keep us posted on how your doing. Bye 4 now.......;-)

Melanie
  3. samjenkin

samjenkin New Member

Definitely - I used to heal real fats from stuff and don't now. I also bruise really easily (and can't remember how I've bruised myself).

Try some diluted tea tree oil - it is an anti-bacterial and anti-viral - I find it works well on cuts and sores and I also use it for cleaning carpets and kitchen surfaces as I am trying to avoid chemicals in my immediate area.

Hope this tip helps.

Regards

Sam
  4. gheetar

gheetar New Member

Hi Janice
    I am pretty klutzy,I have cut myself when fixing meals,I have done some that should have been stiched. but being Chem Sensitive, the hospital atmospher is the last resort,I had read that sugar had anti-biotic properties and would help coagulate so I would pack sugar on wound and that worked amazingly well. A couple of months ago I was told about goldenseal and bought some just in time for the next accident!cutting up chicken,I did a pretty deep cut that did not want to stop bleeding. I packed goldenseal on and band-aid and healed faster, no scaring! This has worked for me with other open owies too. I cleaned and changed b.aid everyday.Also,when the healing begins,I put aloe on owie and leave band aid off. ;)

nancey
  5. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

I tend to find that I get really easy bruseds and tears, if a bird sits on my arm, then my arm is covered in streatches just due to there claw marks. It hurt for about two days and then goes away after two months, if this is what you are taking about then yes I have the same problem.
  6. fallingapart

fallingapart New Member

I find that my cuts take along time to heal also...and also find i seem to cut and scrape myself more often than I use to...clumbsy me.I use neosporin with pain reliever and it works really well.
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

But, I have been using natural vitamin E for cuts, burns, and even bruising for years. Maybe that is why I had not notice it taking a longtime to heal.

If you try the E, be sure it is natural, a capsule or it won't work. I keep a thumb tack on the top of a bottle of them just for emergencies. It also works on pets.

Shalom, Shirl

If you have a serious time healing, you might want to get checked for diabetes.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/13/2003]

[ advertisement ]