Singing the praises of digestive enzymes!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by paula45, Feb 26, 2003.

1. paula45

paula45 New Member

I just want to let everyone know the success I've had taking the enzymes. About a week ago I received the Vital Zymes and IBS Relief (both from this site), and I absolutely can't believe the difference it's made in my gut. Completely gone is the awful, painful bloating after eating a meal. Sometimes my belly would swell 'till I looked very pregnant! No more...And, the IBS relief too, for me, has been a miracle. I take huge amounts of Vicodin ES and I think we all know the terrible side effects of that stuff. That's over as well. I'm "going" regularly with no other laxatives, etc. I'm COMPLETELY sold and won't be without them again. The other night, I forgot the digestive enzyme tablet when I ate dinner, and in just a few minutes I was doubled over in pain and RAN for the enzyme bottle. I'm sorry to sound so nutty over something so simple, but I really want anyone who is suffering to, at least, give this a try. I'm still in pain and all that other cr*p that we have, but at least I have some "gut" relief. Wishing you all well.
    Paula
  2. paula45

paula45 New Member

It does seem silly; but I just can't believe how well they work. I've taken enzymes before but these are hands-down the best. I can eat now and not dread the awful pain and discomfort that came after. It's pretty cool....silly or not. ;)
    Hugs
    Paula
  3. healing

healing New Member

For every action there is an equal and opposite action!

I get doubled over in pain FROM the enzymes. Go figure!!
  4. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

to get rid of this bloating and misable feeling. So lets hope it works..if not I've just wasted my money.
    Carlacat
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I have taken enzymes for years because I stopped digesting everything except hot cereal and canned fruit, and my hair started falling out in clumps. I'd probably be dead without them. With them, I can eat anything but green peppers, though I've learned to stay away from some foods anyway, in order to have more energy and less bloating.
    Some people are allergic to Bromelain or Papain, or both. Has pineapple or papaya ever burned your mouth when you ate it? Check to see if your brand of enzymes contains either of these, and if it does, try one without it. Just plain old Pancreatin may do you a world of good.
    Klutzo
  6. healing

healing New Member

Good points. I was taking Similase, which has Protease I, II, III, IV; Amylase; Cellulase I, II; Lipase I, II; Sucrase (Invertase); Maltase (Malt Diastase).

I eat pineapple (it does burn my mouth a bit, though) and papaya too. Neither gives me any discernible problems, although I know I am mildly sensitive to pineapple. I wouldn't be eating it at all except that I'm on an elimination diet and it's one of the few fiber and Vit. C sources I have.

Probiotics also give me the same acid stomach pain after about a day. I should mention that I just had my gallbladder removed and my stomach was inflamed for a couple months before and still is now.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

They go right along with the enzymes in producing a healthy gut. In fact, without them, after about the age of 35, it is next to impossible to have a healthy gut. The Jarro-Dophilus sold here are some of the best I have ever used.

Love, Mikie