SINGLE MOMS, HOW ARE YOU COPING?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Solaris_Starr, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

Sorry everyone, I deleted the original post by mistake.
    Please forgive the error.

I have been a single mom of 3 teenagers for serveral yrs now. I was just curious to know how other single moms are coping with the stress of raising children while dealing with your illness.

Also was your illness a factor in the ending of your relationships/marrages? Do any of you miss having or being in a relationship, if so how do you deal? Are finances much of an issue? If so how do you deal?

Need some encouragement and inspiration,

Thank you for sharing,
    Hugs
    Sandy
  2. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

Sorry, have to bump here.
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Day by day. The problem is if you have a doc. that dismissess your complaints. It becomes a battle not only for yourself, but for the sake of your kids. I can't accept sitting here being sicker than need be, that only takes more of me away from my children. I have to get a final diagnosis and help with all my "imaginary" helth stuff so that my children will know what's in their genetic make up. It is a big deal. I deal with it day by day. I can't think further down the road since this disease is unpredictable. As for my ending marriage- no it was not the disease, but it sure speeded up the process for me to see what a selfish pathological liar I was married to. Yes, he was diagnosed as a pathological liar, I am not just throwing around resentment around. So in that sense, it was good. I ain't wasting time with someone who lies to my children, spend his earnings on himself and let bills go, and have energy to play guitar with his buddies, but have no energy/too "sick" to hold the baby for 5 minutes. A bunch of [...]. Yes, I am pissed!! Sorry about the rant!!! LOL!
  4. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

Yes I think your right, it seems that somethings aloof here, there may be some missing.

"LENASVN", it's ok, you go ahead and rant all you want! Been there, done that! I hear ya.

Sandy
  5. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

6. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

I'm not a single mom and I think I would die if I were. My husband is such a help to me and I cannot imagine doing this by myself. I have the utmost respect for you.

Good luck and God bless you!!
    Dani
  7. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

8. emiltim

emiltim New Member

I'm a single mom to a 5 y/o, and a 3 y/o. The 3 y/o was up all night throwing up! Mommy's wiped out!! Had to call in sick again today -4th time this month so far. I have FMLA at work....it's literally a lifesaver!

I just do what I have to do....not much help here, I guess. My mom is near and helps a lot. I just try to take care of myself (i'm bi-polar too), so I can be the best mommy I can be with what I do have to give.

Not sure if this makes sense...it's been a VERY long night!

-Julie
  9. cbrogan6

cbrogan6 New Member

I am 28 and the single mom of an awesome just-turned-7 year old boy. I was just diagnosed with endometriosis & fibro over the summer. It has been so hard, there were a few months there where I was scared to death, and was afraid everything was falling apart (including my body!) I prayed a lot, and that is really what has got me through all this. I still go through rough spots, there are definitely days that I want to stay in bed, but that's not possible. I am lucky in that I have a wonderful mom who helps me out a ton, and the people I work with are very understanding. I wish I didn't feel as bad as I do, but I'm trying to be as positive as I can, and it helps. I think God puts us through tests like this so we will lean on Him more. I hope He's not getting tired cause I sure have been leaning!
  10. Risk

Risk New Member

Hi Sandy. Wow. I'm just beginning the single mom routine. Luckily, my girls are older 17 and 20. (My 20 year old is away at college). And yes, this DD contributed to the fact that my husband left me. He even told me so.

I feel alone, depressed, but grateful that my daughter is older, can drive and basically fends for herself if need be. When I was diagnosed 5 1/2 wonderful years ago, it was different. My husband was supportive and helped with the kids. I guess he figured that fibro was like a flu, and that it would soon pass. Wrong!

My husband left at the begining of October and yes, I feel like a part of me is missing. Just to have another adult for comfort and understanding, which obviously he couldn't provide.

As for finances, he's still providing for me. Says he always will, but I'm sure the moment he meets someone else, that he will change his mind. I don't want a divorce nor am I pressing the issue. But he has made it clear that he doesn't want to come back, nor does he love me anymore. Great, after almost 23 years of marriage.

I'm sorry that you are going through this too. I wish I could find the right words to make you feel better, but this is all brand new to me.

I'll be thinking of you.

Hugs,

Rene

PS. Seems you and I have alot in common!!
  11. Moonshyne

Moonshyne New Member

It's a tough battle.... I learned I can only do what I can do one day at a time....and that's how i get through it today.

My youngest is 20 now, but she & my grand-daughter still live with me.. it's somewhat easier now than it used to be since she is older now and taking on more responsibility .. but when she was younger tho... oui vey!! Mega stress balls left, right and all around!!