Singletons with fibro...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hawkeye, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

Do you hover between being thankful that you don't have to take care of a significant other and longing for a significant other?

Do you thank God you don't have to go out and date and also long for a date?

I keep thinking that I am happy and fine alone and that my life is full and providing me with everything I need but I am thinking that I am just kidding myself. I think I am getting kind of lonely.

I think I want to date but it is so hard to find anyone to "take me on" with all my ailments. I can barely sit through a dinner out, dancing is out of the question.

Has anyone had any luck dating after being diagnosed with fibromyalgia and cfs?

Where does one start if they don't have a life to even find someone?? LOL

We need to establish an online dating site for people who are not 100% healthy. The sites around here everyone is looking for someone who is "physically fit" "enjoys the outdoors and outdoor activities" "dancing" nobody is searching for a "couch potato"

Comments and suggestions please...

2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I agree that is would be difficult to attain a relation-
    ship under our circumstances. But much depends on the
    degree of illness. There are youngpeople on the Board
    that are very ill in their '20's and deserve so much more
    opportunity to experience happiness in a relationship but
    are unable to participate in one.

It could never work between you and I as the commute from
    "Kaliphonia" to Iowa would be prohibitive! Other problem
    is that Capricorns are 'posta not be compatible and we
    are both Capricorns. Your B'Day was Sunday the 14th and
    mind is the 16th. Other problem is that your B'Day is the
    exact same day as my FORMER WIFE!!! See what I mean 'bout

(Maybe we could try anyhow, what ya think?)

3. sisland

sisland New Member

I Feel the same way!! it's very difficult for us to date with this DD! I just turned 49 in December,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Been Divorced for along time! Tried the online thing (met some strange men there!) so have basicaly just Decided to try and not worry about it! But It Would be nice to Find a nice guy that would Treat us right huh!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,3 daughters are grown and gone so ~~~~~~~~What to do Now?,,,,,,,,Hope something good happens before it's to late!lollo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,S
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Bumping for more opinions
  5. mezombie

mezombie Member

Since I finally was prescribed the right meds for my NMH six years ago, I no longer have to lie down after 15 minutes of sitting or standing! That has made a huge difference in my social life.

I have dated since then, and was in a great relationship for about a year that collapsed for reasons unrelated to my CFS.

This winter I was able to attend several Christmas parties (took a tiny sliver of Provigil,hehe) and met someone who I've seen several times since. He does not have a problem with my having CFS, especially as he has some health problems of his own and his mother has RA. If things do not progress, it will be because we have very different political and religious views, not because of my CFS.

So hang in there! It can happen!
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I have CFS and not a lot of FM but I feel the same way. I've often admired Donneil's outlook but I still miss having a man in my life. I like them. I like the way they think, look and the fact that they're usually stronger than I am which is very handy for opening jars. Guys are usually uncomplicated and I could use some uncomplication in my life.

Of course, it depends on the degree of illness we each have. I'm amazed at what some people on this board are able to do! As for evenings, I'm often in bed by 8 and sometimes barely make it that long. It reminds me that even people with CFS don't always understand other people with CFS. (Sorry, a mini-rant there...)

However, as far as having a man in my life is concerned, I've considered that it may be like a dog chasing a car - I wouldn't know what to do with one anymore if I had one, especially if he was very healthy.

Still, it would be fun to try to remember.